Tennessee fans already starting to talk about the 2017 GT-Tennessee game

Milwaukee

Banned
OMFG, I thought I'd go back over there and get some more material but it's giving me a migraine. I flat out hate when people say stuff like, "Jus' beat 'em on 1st down and get a big lead ... dere offentz ain't a-built fore them ta come bak, blah, blah, blah .."

NOBODY'S OFFENSE WANTS 2ND/3RD AND LONG!!!! NOBODY'S OFFENSE WANTS TO BE DOWN BIG, EARLY!!!

WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND!?!?!?

OK ... Ok ... ok .. I'm ok now. Whoo, nearly lost it there. :)

I'm with ya. This is what's frustrating about listening to ESPN announcers call our games as well. "They're just not built for 3rd and long".

Who the hell is built for 3rd and long? What team gets pushed to 3rd and long and thinks "Nailed it. Got em right where we want em, 3rd and 8 is our bread and butter" ??

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I'm with ya. This is what's frustrating about listening to ESPN announcers call our games as well. "They're just not built for 3rd and long".

Who the hell is built for 3rd and long? What team gets pushed to 3rd and long and thinks "Nailed it. Got em right where we want em, 3rd and 8 is our bread and butter" ??
The narrative comes from the idea that our offense doesn't get many yards per play. That we just get 3-4 yards every down and churn first downs that way whereas other more "modern" offenses get 10-15 yard chunks at a time so 3rd and 8 isn't that big of a deal if they get the 15 yard chunk but it is if we only get our 4 yard gain.

Of course looking at Yards per Play stat could assuage all of this narrative if people actually looked at stats.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/yards-per-play

Tech - 6.3
Tenn - 6.1

2015 - The year our offense sucked and was all injured so obviously it should be very low right?

Tech - 5.5
Tenn - 5.4

hmm guess that pokes a few holes in the idea.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
The narrative comes from the idea that our offense doesn't get many yards per play. That we just get 3-4 yards every down and churn first downs that way whereas other more "modern" offenses get 10-15 yard chunks at a time so 3rd and 8 isn't that big of a deal if they get the 15 yard chunk but it is if we only get our 4 yard gain.

Of course looking at Yards per Play stat could assuage all of this narrative if people actually looked at stats.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/yards-per-play

Tech - 6.3
Tenn - 6.1

2015 - The year our offense sucked and was all injured so obviously it should be very low right?

Tech - 5.5
Tenn - 5.4

hmm guess that pokes a few holes in the idea.
Clemson numbers are interesting. Would have thought a NC would be much better.

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
Verbatim from Tony Barnhart on The Rude Awakening 4/12/17:"I've spent the past two weeks up in Knoxville. They are scared of the matchups GT presents."
Tony Barnhart and Chris Landry have both openly said that in their time at UT there is noticeable concern for the upcoming matchup. I am cool with this kind of media, finally. Only thing that would sweeten the deal is if UGA wins the Fulmer Cup this year!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Exactly!

And lol @ "nailed it". :ROFLMAO:

Like, "Yesh! Another holding call. Now we're in bidness."

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Pretty much anybody playing us the last 4 years could say that.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Verbatim from Tony Barnhart on The Rude Awakening 4/12/17:"I've spent the past two weeks up in Knoxville. They are scared of the matchups GT presents."
Tony Barnhart and Chris Landry have both openly said that in their time at UT there is noticeable concern for the upcoming matchup. I am cool with this kind of media, finally. Only thing that would sweeten the deal is if UGA wins the Fulmer Cup this year!
That's cool it's good to hear that GT is renting out space in the Volunteers heads!:cool::p

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It seems fair to say every opponent has been afraid of the matchup, both because of the offense and the speed at which it is run. Them big ol' SEC teams like to sit back on D fence and figure things out before committing. That's how they get the reputation for being so fast: nobody ever seems them run.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I have a question about this game. I was on stubhub and ticket prices are insane. $200+ for the last few rows in the upper level. Will they be releasing more tickets or will the GTAA sell more at a lower rate? I can't justify spending a $1000 for average seats.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I have a question about this game. I was on stubhub and ticket prices are insane. $200+ for the last few rows in the upper level. Will they be releasing more tickets or will the GTAA sell more at a lower rate? I can't justify spending a $1000 for average seats.

Call GTAA. I think it's $45 per ticket until they release their allotment.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Reading the Volnation boards, I have to laugh. Typical Volnation airheads.

My insiders tell me that Butch Jones has lost the support of his players. He is not a great game coach anyway, but has struggled to get the best performance out of his squad.

My guess? He will not have them ready and spooled up to play. This game's set up reminds me a lot of 1981's game in Birmingham against Bama. Which we won.