Tennessee fans already starting to talk about the 2017 GT-Tennessee game

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
UT looked badly coached, and uninspired vs. App. St. In their opener last season. I suspect that they will take GT a little more seriously. Should we be scared of a team that lost to Vandy and Kentucky last year? Could they beat us, hell yes unfortunately. I pin my hopes on CPJ's coaching and ingame adjustments over anything Butch brings to the table. You can't beat Tech on pure talent alone.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think Mike is right. It usually takes a game or three to get the O rolling. I would much prefer to play UT later in the season, even if that would mean that they get a chance to get the new kids up to speed.

But no such luck. I also expect a close game. If we can get the dive going for 4 ypc by the second quarter, I think we win. If not … well, things could get interesting. I hate that.
I don't think we'll make 4ypc on the dive until early 3rd qtr. But, we'll be making 6ypc in the 4th.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
UT looked badly coached, and uninspired vs. App. St. In their opener last season. I suspect that they will take GT a little more seriously. Should we be scared of a team that lost to Vandy and Kentucky last year? Could they beat us, hell yes unfortunately. I pin my hopes on CPJ's coaching and ingame adjustments over anything Butch brings to the table. You can't beat Tech on pure talent alone.
Tennessee beat the Mildcats 49-36

LibertyTurns

Banned
Ok, who has the pictures of LuLu and hubby at the TU games and that one that always cracked me up with the TU fan riding to the game on his motorcycle with his sheep for a date?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
No problem,Ugablows! Too bad GT doesn't play Vandy in Nashvegas this season. It would be nice to see them beat the hell out of them again. I'd also like to see GT play South Carolina in the future home and home.
I know that scheduling has become harder, and sectional rivalries important, but Iowa still sticks in my craw.I thought the better team won so there's no complaint there, but it was 24-14 and not really that close. Maybe I am getting cocky or something, but start dumping the SEC and try to talk those macho, chest-thumping crybaby Big 10 coaches into playing us. See if we can get Michigan or Michigan State or OSU on the schedule and tee it up. They won't for the reasons cited by Stansbury, and maybe it means that despite all that posturing, he-man stuff, coaches are a bunch of sissy wimps who want to see the same offense 12 times a year. I'd like to see something intersectional besides the occasional foray against ND. If Navy does it, why not?

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I know that scheduling has become harder, and sectional rivalries important, but Iowa still sticks in my craw.I thought the better team won so there's no complaint there, but it was 24-14 and not really that close. Maybe I am getting cocky or something, but start dumping the SEC and try to talk those macho, chest-thumping crybaby Big 10 coaches into playing us. See if we can get Michigan or Michigan State or OSU on the schedule and tee it up. They won't for the reasons cited by Stansbury, and maybe it means that despite all that posturing, he-man stuff, coaches are a bunch of sissy wimps who want to see the same offense 12 times a year. I'd like to see something intersectional besides the occasional foray against ND. If Navy does it, why not?
I'd love to see future matchups also with Army,Navy and Air Force.:cool: I think GT would stop a mudhole in Iowa they're no where near as good now as they were in 2009.;)(y)

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
The Volnation folks are talking about the opening game with GT again. :LOL:Someone asked about when tickets go on sale online and a few of the Volnation morons talked about being concerned about the health of the defensive line following the game.:rolleyes::LOL:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/272444-chick-fil-kickoff.html
Wow, they really don't have a clue. And who comprises this "brand new offense"? Is there anyone listed as a projected starter on offense who has not yet started a game for TECH?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I keep going back and forth if I want to come to this game or the VT game. I'd love to spend Labor Day weekend back home but there's nothing like watching a game at BDS. I just don't want to pay a small fortune for **** seats in the dome when I can sit upper level midfield at BDS for half the price and a better view. Decisions, decisions.....

Gtech24

Jolly Good Fellow
I keep going back and forth if I want to come to this game or the VT game. I'd love to spend Labor Day weekend back home but there's nothing like watching a game at BDS. I just don't want to pay a small fortune for **** seats in the dome when I can sit upper level midfield at BDS for half the price and a better view. Decisions, decisions.....
You should come to the Tenn game. First game of the season, one of the first games ever in the new dome, and we could use a big crowd for home field advantage.