Temple’s Collins Hate

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
From what I saw around the time we hired Collins, most Temple fans were not happy to see him go. But I don't care what they think, anyway.

My cousin is a big Temple fan and student there. He said the vast majority of people felt like CGC still had something to prove there before he was completely embraced, and i get that, and they did not have any ill will towards him leaving. Diaz, on the other hand, they really hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
“In the two years observing Geoff Collins up close, we can sum him up in a few words: More style than substance.”

This has been my biggest fear of the CGC hire. I hope at the end of the season my fear will be put to rest.

The quality of coordinators Geoff can get, afford and keep will write his biography here. I think he has more than enough recruiting, motivational and time management skills to be very successful here.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Come August, marketing and branding will have to be replaced by blocking and tackling. Hope on-field performance shows the same energy and flair CGC has brought to the off-season.

If anyone thinks in year one we go from a .500 team with subpar offensive talent to gang busters just because of him you all are crazy. Our offensive talent is not great. In fact. Never mind

And on defense our line and lbs today are not better than a year ago or two. In fact we have regressed. And that says a ton because last year was maybe the worst or second worst dl in cpj era. That was due to great recruiting.

2017 sucked
2018 was a .500 team

And what? In year one we win 9 with a young d probably too young to determine some talent, a devoid of talent O with a ncaa scheme that is essy to prep for with an eh qb (yes i said it); and magic?

No. We need to recruit a qb. A slue of wr and ol. Legit cb dl and lb. then in his system we can talk

And i think he can do it. But it wont be 2019.

And if it is. Well. Hot damn. What a f———in coach we got

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The quality of coordinators Geoff can get, afford and keep will write his biography here. I think he has more than enough recruiting, motivational and time management skills to be very successful here.
I feel this is exactly correct.

I hope we do well w the current coordinators but if neccasry to get to next level , i hope we dont hesitate to go after better ones .

Gt is in debt hole and needs to win thier way out.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
If anyone thinks in year one we go from a .500 team with subpar offensive talent to gang busters just because of him you all are crazy. Our offensive talent is not great. In fact. Never mind

And on defense our line and lbs today are not better than a year ago or two. In fact we have regressed. And that says a ton because last year was maybe the worst or second worst dl in cpj era. That was due to great recruiting.

2017 sucked
2018 was a .500 team

And what? In year one we win 9 with a young d probably too young to determine some talent, a devoid of talent O with a ncaa scheme that is essy to prep for with an eh qb (yes i said it); and magic?

No. We need to recruit a qb. A slue of wr and ol. Legit cb dl and lb. then in his system we can talk

More like if 2019 is good turns out, " Look these kids are football players" was correct.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Agree with 33jacket that this year I will be happy if we are .500 or above. I think the great marketing job that CGC is doing to pump up the recruiting is also pumping up expectations. This is part of the process though, I’m just looking to see this team working hard and attacking. We will have a much better idea of what weaknesses will need to be addressed, but he is already addressing the biggest one, which was recruiting.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Well I personally don’t think there’s a huge talent discrepancy across the board in the ACC. It’s not like they got dominated regularly last season. No they won’t be able to compete against Clemson but I think they’ll be scrappy. If Syracuse can compete, GT should be competitive this season. Above .500 is my expectation. No excuses.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Well I personally don’t think there’s a huge talent discrepancy across the board in the ACC. It’s not like they got dominated regularly last season. No they won’t be able to compete against Clemson but I think they’ll be scrappy. If Syracuse can compete, GT should be competitive this season. Above .500 is my expectation. No excuses.
So learning a new offense where every single player will be essentially playing a new position doesn’t give you pause?

beerbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Actually, to date, there is only a sample size of 3. The poster on the original article is one, @Animal02 is one, who provided a supporting opinion (not his, but the person he spoke to), and @GTJake who provided a disagreeing opinion (again, not his, but the person he spoke to). So at this point, it is 2 - 1 "against" CCG.
The blogger linked to his own post asking everyone to root for CPJ in 2018 so Collins wouldn’t leave. Is that enough to make it 2-2 or 1-1?

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Similar in HS doesn’t equal ready to face P5 competition. There is a reason coaches don’t like to play freshmen and you could make a case that our whole offense is made up of freshmen this year. I’m hoping for .500.
Thats two different arguments. I don’t see that many true freshman starting this year. I think most of the O starters have played in the O before. It’s still football, and now they are ask to do things they have always done.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

And on defense our line and lbs today are not better than a year ago or two. In fact we have regressed. And that says a ton because last year was maybe the worst or second worst dl in cpj era. That wYvonneas due to great recruiting.

2017 sucked
2018 was a .500 team

Well call me crazy if fact call me fat and crazy I still think 7 or 8 wins next year. If we go under .500 recruiting will get hard. Players like the offense but not many want to play on a losing team. Win 7 or 8 fill the Stadium up then you get the players you want. We are close at least we are in a lot of very good players top 5 but they are waiting to see some games.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Thats two different arguments. I don’t see that many true freshman starting this year. I think most of the O starters have played in the O before. It’s still football, and now they are ask to do things they have always done.
No they will be asked to do things they haven’t done since high school. Every coach i’ve spoken with about the transition just shakes their head and says we’re in for a tough season. My point about freshmen is that they have about as much experience in the things they will be asked to do at the college level as a freshman would. The plus is they have played at this level and have a better sense of the opposition and speed of the game. The minus is purging the habits that were ingrained since coming to Tech and learning new ones.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Well call me crazy if fact call me fat and crazy I still think 7 or 8 wins next year. If we go under .500 recruiting will get hard. Players like the offense but not many want to play on a losing team. Win 7 or 8 fill the Stadium up then you get the players you want. We are close at least we are in a lot of very good players top 5 but they are waiting to see some games.
Recruiting is going to be hard anyway given who we go up against and Tech but I don’t think record will make much difference. Players will want to see how we play as much as the result because they will also be looking for playing time. Top players may go to Alabama to sit on the bench for 2 years but not here.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. We should by all means be top 5 in the acc next year. I expect top 4