Temple’s Collins Hate

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
That these guys have played in this offense in high school before doesn’t make a difference. So has every guy on every team we will be playing against, but guess what those teams have also been playing in this offense for most of their college careers and against college level competition. You are greatly underestimating the advantage that other teams have for this. It took two years of 4-8 for Syracuse with Babers to get to 10-3. That was with players that had played in similar systems. We are not going to magically learn everything and execute at a high level in one year. That isn’t even accounting for our talent deficiency for this offense/defense.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Well I personally don’t think there’s a huge talent discrepancy across the board in the ACC. It’s not like they got dominated regularly last season. No they won’t be able to compete against Clemson but I think they’ll be scrappy. If Syracuse can compete, GT should be competitive this season. Above .500 is my expectation. No excuses.
2021 is the final exam. 2019/2020 are 1st test and mid-terms.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
2021 is the final exam. 2019/2020 are 1st test and mid-terms.

I think it will take at least 5 years. CGC has been a Division 1 College Head Coach only two years. He will need additional seasoning as a major head coach. I foresee 2023 as the “final exam,” with 2021 as the “mid-term.”

Just my guessimated forecast.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We play 3 easy teams then need to win 1 of every 3 in remaining to be .500.

We better be scratching and clawing at .500.

With each step so far Cgc has exceeded the expectations to any but the most biased gt fan.

I expect he will do better than .500 in his first year and the same few will see it as insufficient.

Will we ever hear from the #ERG??
What is the number of wins in his first year would cause them to be so say they are on cgc train. 12, 11, 10, 9, 8?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The Qb’s have all said that they have played in or something very similar to the O in high school.
One obvious difference is Hs coaches are not paid like p5 coaches.

But
I saw LJ was able to read and adjust to our coverage packages in the spring game. I know we were plain vanilla in the game.
Also we have real good db s to practice against and after the clemson ugh we have 3 non p5 teams.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If anyone thinks in year one we go from a .500 team with subpar offensive talent to gang busters just because of him you all are crazy. Our offensive talent is not great. In fact. Never mind

And on defense our line and lbs today are not better than a year ago or two. In fact we have regressed. And that says a ton because last year was maybe the worst or second worst dl in cpj era. That was due to great recruiting.

2017 sucked
2018 was a .500 team

And what? In year one we win 9 with a young d probably too young to determine some talent, a devoid of talent O with a ncaa scheme that is essy to prep for with an eh qb (yes i said it); and magic?

No. We need to recruit a qb. A slue of wr and ol. Legit cb dl and lb. then in his system we can talk

And i think he can do it. But it wont be 2019.

And if it is. Well. Hot damn. What a f———in coach we got

I agree W-L expectations should not be sky high. I’m looking for effort on both sides of the ball, good tackling from the D, and run/pass balance from the O.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Similar in HS doesn’t equal ready to face P5 competition. There is a reason coaches don’t like to play freshmen and you could make a case that our whole offense is made up of freshmen this year. I’m hoping for .500.
Four words for you: Trevor Lawrence, Tua Tagovailoa. You have a partial point, but the rules changes have changed the college game. Nowadays most of the top prospects graduate HS in December rather than May, enroll at their university in January, and immediately are absorbed into the weights, playbooks, "unofficial" workouts and then spring practice. Come September and they have had two intensive practice periods so they are inexperienced, but to all intents, not really freshmen any more. I would even argue that Lawrence, ballyhooed over and over at the NC game as "a true freshman" was in fact a sophomore by that time. Doesn't distract from his performance, but a better gauge of experience.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Four words for you: Trevor Lawrence, Tua Tagovailoa. You have a partial point, but the rules changes have changed the college game. Nowadays most of the top prospects graduate HS in December rather than May, enroll at their university in January, and immediately are absorbed into the weights, playbooks, "unofficial" workouts and then spring practice. Come September and they have had two intensive practice periods so they are inexperienced, but to all intents, not really freshmen any more. I would even argue that Lawrence, ballyhooed over and over at the NC game as "a true freshman" was in fact a sophomore by that time. Doesn't distract from his performance, but a better gauge of experience.
Wouldn't that be fun to get a T Lawrence type to step on to bds field in 4 years as he joins a solidly built well coached team.!

Formerly Texas hs had way more pass happy offenses but this is spreading.

You are spot on that the very very top players are planning way ahead. With our new resources and all hands on deck - building relationships-- we are on a good path to snag a difference maker. By the way the difference makers are choosy

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Honestly for this year, all I want to see is a team that plays hard and scraps. My expectations are very low. New systems across the board and it will take time to build.

I do think we will build, but if we win 6 games this year, I'll be happy, 7 it was a good year, 8 it was a great year, 9+ give Collins coach of the year award.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it will take at least 5 years. CGC has been a Division 1 College Head Coach only two years. He will need additional seasoning as a major head coach. I foresee 2023 as the “final exam,” with 2021 as the “mid-term.”

Just my guessimated forecast.
My guesstimated forecast is the hype train will be derailed without a 9 win minimum 2021 regular season. Three springs, fall camps, recruiting classes, and two seasons, and less than 9 will not smell good.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
My guesstimated forecast is the hype train will be derailed without a 9 win minimum 2021 regular season. Three springs, fall camps, recruiting classes, and two seasons, and less than 9 will not smell good.
Would 9 in 21 get u on the train?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I said I believed you had the conversation and received the result you said you received.

I requested you expand your sample size beyond 1, given 1 is not a realistic sample size.

Thanks again, in advance, for your efforts on this important project to gather empirical data..

#EyeRollGang

No you :ROFLMAO: