Temple’s Collins Hate

It was pointed out by @Supersizethatorder-mutt and subsequently requested from @GTJake, so you're incorrect.

That said, since you seem adamant to not comply with gathering a reasonable amount of evidence, which to be honest seems a running theme with you, I don't think @GTJake should have to step forward until you do.
Actually, to date, there is only a sample size of 3. The poster on the original article is one, @Animal02 is one, who provided a supporting opinion (not his, but the person he spoke to), and @GTJake who provided a disagreeing opinion (again, not his, but the person he spoke to). So at this point, it is 2 - 1 "against" CCG.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Actually, to date, there is only a sample size of 3. The poster on the original article is one, @Animal02 is one, who provided a supporting opinion (not his, but the person he spoke to), and @GTJake who provided a disagreeing opinion (again, not his, but the person he spoke to). So at this point, it is 2 - 1 "against" CCG.

So we need 28 & 29 more observations, respectively, for each case, correct? Once again, a fair point.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I dunno. I never took any statistics courses. I mostly just learned it on my own—but I pulled out a textbook and learned it for real, when I realized I had to refute a co-worker that was clueless about statistics.

This is why I keep limiting my request to 30 observations to create an adequate sample size. HAHAHA!

LibertyTurns

Banned
Make it 3-2. I know 2 Temple fans. One thinks he was a decent coach & if he had stayed around could have won a bunch of games. The other thinks he’s the consummate used car salesman and was cheering when he left.

So we need 28 & 29 more observations, respectively, for each case, correct? Once again, a fair point.
Yes, and remember, an OPINION posted by anyone on here is just that....an OPINION. Observations must be made by someone with intimate connections to the Temple program, or repeated here by someone privy to those observations.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yes, and remember, an OPINION posted by anyone on here is just that....an OPINION. Observations must be made by someone with intimate connections to the Temple program, or repeated here by someone privy to those observations.

You are on a roll today with the fair points. What we really seek are OBSERVATIONS OF OPINIONS!

Add in what @LibertyTurns just posted, kindly doing the work for others, we need 27 & 28 more observations, respectively.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I don't know anyone who went to Temple but I have a cousin who lives be next door to someone who does know a guy who has a friend who went to Temple . Nevermind he went to Rutgers but wants me to tell y'all he likes their coach. I need more beer.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't know anyone who went to Temple but I have a cousin who lives be next door to someone who does know a guy who has a friend who went to Temple . Nevermind he went to Rutgers but wants me to tell y'all he likes their coach. I need more beer.

I'm confused. He likes Chris Ash or Geoff Collins?

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Was he more style than substance at MSU and Florida?
Totally different being a position coach and the head man. Also, it’s really hard to say since you typically don’t really hear much about a position coach and wasn’t he only at each school for two years. Good position coaches don’t always make good HC. Like I said we will have to wait until the end of the season.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Was he more style than substance at MSU and Florida?
Trying to get 5* players to stay out of jail & actually do what they’re told to do or not to always rely on their physical ability to make up for being out of position is a lot different than trying to improve the physical skill or technique of a high character kid that knows the playbook like the back of his hand but can’t get his body in the correct position at the right moment.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
“In the two years observing Geoff Collins up close, we can sum him up in a few words: More style than substance.”

This has been my biggest fear of the CGC hire. I hope at the end of the season my fear will be put to rest.

We’ll just have to wait and see. He is style, but I think he’s surrounding himself with good coaches/ recruiters and he is a good coach as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk