Temple’s Collins Hate

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
There is a big Temple contingent that didn’t like the changes CGC did when he came in. Matt Rhule had the most success there with a conservative offense and strong defense. So when CGC came in and changed the offense it went against what was working and didn’t fit the Philly blue collar image. So when they took a step back as far as record during the last two years they thought that proved their point.

Did 44% win clip all time meet the blue collar image? Lol...they just come off pretty cocky and delusional to be one of the poorer D1 programs *ever*.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
A change in coaching staff at any school is not easy for the players, fans , or staff. If the previous coaching staff was well liked then it is difficult to accept for most parties. Some will have hard feelings and will feel snubbed. Writers have the power of the pen to voice it and fans have blogs.

Animal02

Banned
I believe that your conversation with 1 Temple grad was real.

I'd be more interested if you had some firmer statistical data based on a realistic sample size. Please move forward with your experiment and thank you in advance.
So a confirmation of what the article says by a Temple grad is trumped by one conversation with a different Temple grad......got it :rolleyes:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So a confirmation of what the article says by a Temple grad is trumped by one conversation with a different Temple grad......got it :rolleyes:

I said I believed you had the conversation and received the result you said you received.

I requested you expand your sample size beyond 1, given 1 is not a realistic sample size.

Thanks again, in advance, for your efforts on this important project to gather empirical data..

#EyeRollGang

Animal02

Banned
I said I believed you had the conversation and received the result you said you received.

I requested you expand your sample size beyond 1, given 1 is not a realistic sample size.

Thanks again, in advance, for your efforts on this important project to gather empirical data..

#EyeRollGang
Sample size is two based on the article......which is twice the size of the sample refuting it. I think you need to take issue with the other poster and his sample size if it is of such concern......or are you just acting as a self appointed hall monitor?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sample size is two based on the article......which is twice the size of the sample refuting it. I think you need to take issue with the other poster and his sample size if it is of such concern......or are you just acting as a self appointed hall monitor?

I was simply making a reasonable request because I was hopeful of additional evidence supporting your initial finding.

By the way, what hall am I monitoring?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Coach wasn't as successful as Ruhle, then he left. I'm not surprised that some of their fans are ticked at him. If he had stayed, come through on the win/loss side, then left there would be even more of them.

This is bog standard. When coaches leave and new ones come in, especially is they don't do as well as their predecessors, their fan base is going to be, shall we say, divided about them. Some may have noticed that even here (horrors!). But … I don't think it should make much difference to us.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

#EyeRollGang
Is #EyeRollGang copyrighted?

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Temple was a good program immediately before CGC arrived so he had a lot to live up to. He won't have that problem at GT, it's not like this is 2015.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Coach wasn't as successful as Ruhle, then he left. I'm not surprised that some of their fans are ticked at him. If he had stayed, come through on the win/loss side, then left there would be even more of them.

This is bog standard. When coaches leave and new ones come in, especially is they don't do as well as their predecessors, their fan base is going to be, shall we say, divided about them. Some may have noticed that even here (horrors!). But … I don't think it should make much difference to us.

My understanding is CGC didn't inherit much of Rhule's talent. Yet, he got them to 7-1 in conference by year 2. They nearly beat ucf in a blow for blow dogfight. They are set up well to perhaps unseat ucf this year.