Temple’s Collins Hate

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
It's Temple... They were kicked out of the old Big East for Christ's sake. I don't think CGC was a great fit for them and had a tough act to follow with Matt Rhule. But it seems he was doing a pretty good job and made it a point to keep the staff coherent through the bowl game and not abandon his players.

But the ceiling there is low, and I don't think anyone's taking that job thinking they'll build a powerhouse and stay there for the long run.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
It's Temple... They were kicked out of the old Big East for Christ's sake. I don't think CGC was a great fit for them and had a tough act to follow with Matt Rhule. But it seems he was doing a pretty good job and made it a point to keep the staff coherent through the bowl game and not abandon his players.

But the ceiling there is low, and I don't think anyone's taking that job thinking they'll build a powerhouse and stay there for the long run.

Exactly. Temple is where you have to go, not where you want to be. It's a stepping stone. Like a big horse pill you have to swallow to get to a better place.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
My understanding is CGC didn't inherit much of Rhule's talent. Yet, he got them to 7-1 in conference by year 2. They nearly beat ucf in a blow for blow dogfight. They are set up well to perhaps unseat ucf this year.

I can’t find my post but i documented that on here. Temple lost 3 guys to the NFL, two being a 1st & 2nd rd pick.

Saying CGC wasn’t as successful as Rhule is a bit misleading as well as CGC has the best first 2yrs of any Temple Coach. He just didn’t the double digit wins season as CMR.

From the Temple fans i read, many liked CGC & thought they had a chance to win the AAC next season with him at helm. That’s not to say @Animal02 hasn't heard what he heard.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Please do not begin any work prior to receipt of [USER=347]@Animal02's data analysis, given he was the 1st person who put forth an anecdotal data point and had further empirical analysis asked of him.[/USER]
Actually, I think Animal was postulating a prior. He doesn't have to provide a data analysis to support it since he has already staked out a position. It is you, my friend, that have to provide evidence to refute it.

Isn't Bayesian analysis handy at times?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Actually, I think Animal was postulating a prior. He doesn't have to provide a data analysis to support it since he has already staked out a position. It is you, my friend, that have to provide evidence to refute it.

Ah. I'm actually not refuting either position. I'm just requesting definitive proof of both positions based on a reasonable sample size of each position.

Thank you.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Ah. I'm actually not refuting either position. I'm just requesting definitive proof of both positions based on a reasonable sample size of each position.

Thank you.
A frequentist, I see.

Well, so am I, to an almost religious extent. But a Bayesian prior is considered a proof until the actual probabilities are worked out. Main reason I don't use Bayesian stats. But I was just funning with you here.

Animal02

Banned

The anecdote I related was simply one that confirmed what the linked article described. Funny how there was no demand for proofs etc from all the posters who hand waved away what the article stated. But that seems to be how this board is running these days........koolaid drinkers can say anything and dismiss anything without question.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer

Thank you.
Anecdotal evidence rarely reaches a reasonable sample size. Although, this friend of mine once told me that that he had accumulated N=50 cases of people having substantial anecdotal evidence supporting their position. To be fair, he found all those cases on the Internet...

Last edited:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A frequentist, I see.

Well, so am I, to an almost religious extent. But a Bayesian prior is considered a proof until the actual probabilities are worked out. Main reason I don't use Bayesian stats. But I was just funning with you here.

I know. The only thing I remember from stats class is that 30 observations constitutes an adequate sample size.

I loved CPJ as our head coach and I'm really excited about Coach Collins and what he can do.

I can only ever say I disliked Chan Gailey as our coach. No doubt he was a fine human being, but his lack of any visible emotion was just really deflating.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Anecdotal evidence rarely reaches a reasonable sample size. Although, this friend of mine once told me that that he had accumulated N=50 cases of people having substantial anecdotal evidence supporting their position. To be fair, he found all those cases on the Internet...
At least it was a solid sample size. I appreciate that.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The anecdote I related was simply one that confirmed what the linked article described. Funny how there was no demand for proofs etc from all the posters who hand waved away what the article stated. But that seems to be how this board is running these days........koolaid drinkers can say anything and dismiss anything without question.

It was pointed out by @Supersizethatorder-mutt and subsequently requested from @GTJake, so you're incorrect.

That said, since you seem adamant to not comply with gathering a reasonable amount of evidence, which to be honest seems a running theme with you, I don't think @GTJake should have to step forward until you do.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Literally, the only thing I remember from my stats class at GT. What was that? MGT2100?
I dunno. I never took any statistics courses. I mostly just learned it on my own—but I pulled out a textbook and learned it for real, when I realized I had to refute a co-worker that was clueless about statistics.