Temple’s Collins Hate

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Most, even those of us who are excited about the energy and enthusiasm of the new staff, yet have lived long enough to want to see if the hype is real, will already be on or off the train by then based on game day coaching, game prep, and effort.

What if you like everything you see up to that point and we only win 8 games in 2021?

Here's the schedule for everyone's reference:
https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2021/team/georgia-tech

I think the premise of "big step forward" in 2021 is reasonable, but what that means exactly might require more nuance than declaring it to be 9 wins.

FWIW, my opinion of the 2021 schedule, the tough games are pretty obvious, while the rest are a bunch of unknowns, given a variety of flux among those teams, but at minimum should be pick ems or better with a game still to be added. 8-9 wins seems possible, but certainly challenging. A challenge I think our players will be eager to meet.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
What if you like everything you see up to that point and we only win 8 games in 2021?

Here's the schedule for everyone's reference:
https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2021/team/georgia-tech

I think the premise of "big step forward" in 2021 is reasonable, but what that means exactly might require more nuance than declaring it to be 9 wins.

FWIW, my opinion of the 2021 schedule, the tough games are pretty obvious, while the rest are a bunch of unknowns, given a variety of flux among those teams, but at minimum should be pick ems or better with a game still to be added. 8-9 wins seems possible, but certainly challenging. A challenge I think our players will be eager to meet.
My take will be based on what I listed above. 9 is no line in the sand. However, after supporting the Jackets for 50+ years, one gets more and more bottom line oriented. It's the Ws....period (as long as they don't come via Bama/ugag crap). We are going to be Elite, remember!

Last edited:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My take will be based on what I listed above. 9 is no line in the sand. However, after supporting the Jackets for 50+ years, one gets more and more bottom line oriented. It's the Ws....period (as long as they don't come via Bama/ugag crap).

I agree W's are ultimately the bottom line, but that there's nuance in accounting for that bottom line.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree W's are ultimately the bottom line, but that there's nuance in accounting for that bottom line.
Agree, nuances like: game day coaching, game prep, effort, making adjustments, lack of penalties, being in place to make a play, lack of turnovers on O, etc.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Agree, nuances like: game day coaching, game prep, effort, making adjustments, lack of penalties, being in place to make a play, lack of turnovers on O, etc.

I agree with this, and also the line can be so thinly drawn between wins and losses that one year's results are not necessarily indicative of the overall direction of the program. It's just too small a sample. Looking at w's and l's over a period of several years would be a far more accurate indicator of success or failure.

Animal02

Banned
I agree with this, and also the line can be so thinly drawn between wins and losses that one year's results are not necessarily indicative of the overall direction of the program. It's just too small a sample. Looking at w's and l's over a period of several years would be a far more accurate indicator of success or failure.
But according to so many posters here.....2015 was THE indicator of the program :rolleyes:

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
But according to so many posters here.....2015 was THE indicator of the program :rolleyes:

I'd ask for who those posters are and proof of that but know the answer would be met with **crickets chirping**, like all your other accusations.

2015 was an asterisk season for obvious reasons. 2010 and 2017 are better indicators of the program and its previous inability to put 2 decent seasons in a row together. Its failure to 'strike while the iron is hot'. It made 2014 and 2016 look more like flukes than anything approaching 'the norm'.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I'd ask for who those posters are and proof of that but know the answer would be met with **crickets chirping**, like all your other accusations.

2015 was an asterisk season for obvious reasons. 2010 and 2017 are better indicators of the program and its previous inability to put 2 decent seasons in a row together. Its failure to 'strike while the iron is hot'. It made 2014 and 2016 look more like flukes than anything approaching 'the norm'.
Looks like we are going to need to look at some stats to preserve integrity and interest.
The peak and then the demise of the AB- 2014 ="1600 yds rush and 2018 = 950 yds rush. Wonder what the ab yards were in the yearly beat downs (alcorn etc) and in the yearly clemson and uga post 15.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Thank you for raising your hand. That’s one to start with. ;)