Tech fans are awful

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Looking straight across at the west stands, where the vast majority wore gold, albeit definitely in varying shades, it still stood out

That's because you are emotionally invested in it standing out. I was reading on a Vandy blog and they noted how bad it looked. I won't go that far, but it didn't stand out. I'll also go back to my original point. The empty seats aren't wearing gold. I'd worry more about butts in eats than color choices of fans.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Did your wife wear gold/yellow? ;)
She loves the old gold shirt I bought her
from dicks sporting 20160917_152030.jpg goods.

We drive up thursday and she has a fancy ladies white polo with sweet Gt

That's because you are emotionally invested in it standing out. I was reading on a Vandy blog and they noted how bad it looked. I won't go that far, but it didn't stand out. I'll also go back to my original point. The empty seats aren't wearing gold. I'd worry more about butts in eats than color choices of fans.
No argument there, although surprisingly the lower west was close to full. North stands and at least part of the upper east were BAD

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Crowd looked abysmal on tv. Pathetic.
Are u in Milwaukee?
You could come down for a couple games a year! Grab some buds and make a "12 hr road trip".
Its going to be a fun year.

We come 5.5 hr up from fla every game (it was tempting to skip mercer) & after today will be there for sure. Kids are growing up fast

Milwaukee

Banned
Are u in Milwaukee?
You could come down for a couple games a year! Grab some buds and make a "12 hr road trip".
Its going to be a fun year.

We come 5.5 hr up from fla every game (it was tempting to skip mercer) & after today will be there for sure. Kids are growing up fast

I come to ATL for one game per year and make one road game as well; was a season ticket holder when I was in the south. I'm allowed to be embarrassed.

Crowd looked the worst I've ever seen it on tv.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Yeah....even fans that don't get up on 3rd down are a little better than no fans at all. At least they cheer for TDs.

Seriously though.....if those who did attend made a bit more effort to be loud....it wouldn't seem as empty....or wouldn't matter quite as much at least.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Yeah....even fans that don't get up on 3rd down are a little better than no fans at all. At least they cheer for TDs.

Seriously though.....if those who did attend made a bit more effort to be loud....it wouldn't seem as empty....or wouldn't matter quite as much at least.

I refuse to chastise fans that are actually in attendance unless their behavior is just plain offensive. And no matter how loud we are, you can visibly see 15000 empty seats.

As a side note, there's no way 41000 people were there today. I didn't even have to wait in a restroom line at half time. My guess is 35000 at best. We had a better turnout for FCS Mercer than an actual $EC opponent.

Buzz_wiser told me there was a stupid Georgia fan in his section (lower west somewhere) that "woof woof'd, sic 'em dawgs" the whole day." Now why the hell would a Georgia fan come there and be obnoxious. Well, they're always obnoxious, but why would one come to a game between two teams he had no vested interest in. What was worse, though, was that he inadvertently pushed his son a couple of times. BW was obviously ticked, even angry.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I come to ATL for one game per year and make one road game as well; was a season ticket holder when I was in the south. I'm allowed to be embarrassed.

Crowd looked the worst I've ever seen it on tv.
It was worse for mercer.
Vandy was a poor draw and has very few fans. One more excuse is the heat.

Since we had pretty good crowds in 15 after 14, isnt it kind of expected for there to be a drop off right after 16.
Things will pick up(3-0 several long playsand defense swarming at end).

Imo
We have a hill and a gtaa that accepts their place as a former dominant football power. That's what is embarrassing and leads to empty seats.
Gtaa and marketing are two parallel lines that never meet.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It was worse for mercer.
Vandy was a poor draw and has very few fans. One more excuse is the heat.

Since we had pretty good crowds in 15 after 14, isnt it kind of expected for there to be a drop off right after 16.
Things will pick up(3-0 several long playsand defense swarming at end).

Imo
We have a hill and a gtaa that accepts their place as a former dominant football power. That's what is embarrassing and leads to empty seats.
Gtaa and marketing are two parallel lines that never meet. Till thats fixed get used to it

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I refuse to chastise fans that are actually in attendance unless their behavior is just plain offensive. And no matter how loud we are, you can visibly see 15000 empty seats.

As a side note, there's no way 41000 people were there today. I didn't even have to wait in a restroom line at half time. My guess is 35000 at best. We had a better turnout for FCS Mercer than an actual $EC opponent.
i know at least one GT alum in Nashville that did not travel today due to the gas shortage. I bet that kept a lot of Vandy fans at home. Not that we need opposing fans to make our attendance look better, but their section in lower east wasn't full. Mercer brought three times as many of their fans as Vandy did.

The fans in attendance today were much more into the game than last week's crowd.