Tech fans are awful

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I tip my hat to you sir for driving up from Fl for games. That's a helluva commute and puts you in the super fan realm :). If you sit and yell on 3rd I won't complain.....but there is a very good reason to stand. It's visual confirmation for our players, on the field and sidelines, who activily try to wave the crowd up to cheer and make noise. That visual confirmation of support means a lot to those guys. (And you should actually be able to yell louder standing...allows the diaphragm to expand more ;)).
I enjoy standing to watch a game, and I'll be the first to get up for the D and especially when the guys on the bench are firing the crowd up. I'm just not gonna be the only guy standing in my section. But you're right, there wasn't any energy for the Mercer game. I guess the fans play down to the level of competition. I just hate seeing all the empty seats

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
This is definitely a huge factor. I only graduated a few months ago, but I can count on two hands the number of friends I have that still live in Georgia. So many of us get great jobs that require us to live elsewhere. I live in Seattle myself. I don't prioritize much over Tech football, but career is certainly one of those things. Sadly, the wisest career choice for me now meant living too far away from BDS to make many games.

In spite of that, I will be in Athens this Thanksgiving, and I will be giving those dawgs hell, win or lose. That has to count for something!

I think the exception to this is the student section. While I was a student, I stood for the duration of every single game. Showed up before kickoff and left after horse, never sat, and yelled like hell when Tech was on defense. I think most able bodied students should be expected to do the same, personally.

Seattle was where I lived, as well. There are some great Tech fans in the Pacific NW and I trust you getting to meet some of them at alumni gatherings .

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I like standing the whole game and yelling ridiculous things....sadly it is awkward bc no one else is doing anything around me....it would bother me, but I could care less what anyone else thinks about me acting a fool at tech games!!!! #FreeTheVoice
The SWARM took awhile to warm up today. I was yelling when Vandy's offense was on the field and this girl looked back at me in disgust. IN THE SWARM SECTION. Get loud, folks. I think I started getting people around me to make noise as time went on. By the second quarter everyone was into it. Though about 60% of the section still sat down on timeouts. If the players are standing, you should be standing (unless someone is down on the field).

For those who have claimed that gold/yellow doesn't stand out in the stands were proven wrong today. Even though attendance was not near what it should have been, all that gold in the stands definitely stood out and looked great. Now if we could just get some of the frat boys not to wear white shirts and ties for a gold-out. Some of them actually had blue blazers on. Now why on earth would anyone wear a blazer of any color to a game in September.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
For those who have claimed that gold/yellow doesn't stand out in the stands were proven wrong today. Even though attendance was not near what it should have been, all that gold in the stands definitely stood out and looked great. Now if we could just get some of the frat boys not to wear white shirts and ties for a gold-out. Some of them actually had blue blazers on. Now why on earth would anyone wear a blazer of any color to a game in September.
My wife agrees the yellow in the stands looked good, so that settles any need for further comment.

We sit right by the defense sideline huddle. It got loud! Iwill be hoarse for a few days.

wishbone

Georgia Tech Fan
"Not trying to bust bubbles, but I've talked to several players from the 80's and 90's and main reason for lack of support is Paul Johnson. Not getting into a pissing contest w/anyone about this, but that is the reason. He is not enduring to alum on a whole and his style of football is not well received. He's lucky he got to deal w/ the worst admin in school history where he leveraged a nice retirement contract where he can't be fired w/out severe consequences to ma Tech. The atmosphere at games has definitely changed from when I was going in the late 80's and entire 90's to where it is now."

Oh stop. This coach and offense is a blast to watch. Chan was nap time for lower west unless some old curmudgeon sitting in 106 woke up and started chewing is ***. Tenuta brought the excitement back then.
Current football is ok. This offense rocks.

The current AD and program situation is not ok.
Our AD problem is located on the hill not in any office at Bobby Dodd. The interim is holding it together-so far. Bud doesn't need to let big donors screw up the AD search like he did with Bobinski.

Last edited:

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

Dude. The gold doesn't stand out. From the upper north, it made the stadium look emptier than it was. If we're going to do gold outs again, we need something a little more neon yellow than old gold. White outs pop. The Clemson Orange and the Tennessee Orange pop. Our Gold fades right in.

Dude. The gold doesn't stand out. From the upper north, it made the stadium look emptier than it was. If we're going to do gold outs again, we need something a little more neon yellow than old gold. White outs pop. The Clemson Orange and the Tennessee Orange pop. Our Gold fades right in.
Maybe you were looking into the sun. From where I sat, it stood out big time. You just don't like gold.....LOL

Look at the Mizzou game now, with alternating sections of black and gold. That gold sure stands out.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Look at the Mizzou game now, with alternating sections of black and gold. That gold sure stands out.

Because it's bright yellow, not gold. Yellow will pop. Gold just fades in.

Don't get me wrong, I love our school colors, but gold doesn't really pop and having 52 shades varying from beige to semi-lime green doesn't look unifying either. It makes the stadium look emptier than it is.

Because it's bright yellow, not gold. Yellow will pop. Gold just fades in.

Don't get me wrong, I love our school colors, but gold doesn't really pop and having 52 shades varying from beige to semi-lime green doesn't look unifying either. It makes the stadium look emptier than it is.
Looking straight across at the west stands, where the vast majority wore gold, albeit definitely in varying shades, it still stood out