Tech fans are awful

It was worse for mercer.
Vandy was a poor draw and has very few fans. One more excuse is the heat.

Since we had pretty good crowds in 15 after 14, isnt it kind of expected for there to be a drop off right after 16.
Things will pick up(3-0 several long playsand defense swarming at end).

Imo
We have a hill and a gtaa that accepts their place as a former dominant football power. That's what is embarrassing and leads to empty seats.
Gtaa and marketing are two parallel lines that never meet.
Gtaa and marketing are two parallel lines that never meet.
Boy, that's for sure.

Nixon_Corral

Georgia Tech Fan
Seattle was where I lived, as well. There are some great Tech fans in the Pacific NW and I trust you getting to meet some of them at alumni gatherings .
Soon, yes. Haven't actually made it out to any due to a somewhat surprisingly persistent sequence of conflicting plans. Plan to make it out as soon as I can, though. Seems like we have a really strong base here, considering the distance, which is really great. I like that folks show their pride/enthusiasm for the Institute and its sports at all reaches of the country.

Deltajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Our student section wasn't even full. The raised admission standards have really taken a toll on football attendance and will continue to hurt for years to come. In general, the students getting into GT these days are not big athletic supporters. There are exceptions, but in general our student body is getting "geekier". GTAA needs to be marketing to the kids at GCSU, Emory, and any other college without a team to try to enlarge our base of younger fans. They ought to be selling those upper north tickets for $5 a piece starting on Thursday, just to put butts in seats.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We had a game watching and most of the people cancelled out the morning of the game. I think there is an apathy about the opponents and last year's performance is going to take a while to dispel. A signature win over Clemson could do it. A beat down by Clemson and attendance will get worse.

Since I'm trying to be positive, isn't it good if we have awful fans that there are fewer of them?

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
We had a game watching and most of the people cancelled out the morning of the game. I think there is an apathy about the opponents and last year's performance is going to take a while to dispel. A signature win over Clemson could do it.

I agree. But you just know that if GT beats Klimpsun the football gods will demand sacrifice and make them come out flat for Miami. But, we did beat Miami in 2014 to start out 5-0, so...

Since I'm trying to be positive, isn't it good if we have awful fans that there are fewer of them?

This talk about what we are as a fan base or why we're like that makes me want to stick a fork in my eye. I'm tired of it after 28 years.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
20160918_091526.jpg
This guy @Supersizethatorder-mutt ....
He barked nearly the entire game.
He sticks our like a ruby in a goats butt!

I swear it was Jarrod from Subway!

I'm not putting my 2 cents worth in about attendance. Yet.
However, yesterday was pathetic.
I get tired of my mutt fan friends asking why don't we have good attendance.
Ive finally resorted to telling them
"We have an aptitude test you have to take while standing in line to get in....no pass. ...noo enter".lol
They look perplexed and say. "Ok" .
Where as to get it Sanford and son stadium you just pass the DNA test they give out.
Those with the same DNA are allowed entrance lol20160918_091526.jpg

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Attendance has always been an issue, it was when I was in school. It would always seem like there were more students in the library than at the games. I remember most of the students at the games were either greek or swarm, everyone else didn't really show at least till the 2nd quarter.

I really don't know what it takes, but when I see Georgia selling out games for crappy opponents or even when their team is down, I see no reason we shouldn't be able to as well.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
Attendance has always been an issue, it was when I was in school. It would always seem like there were more students in the library than at the games. I remember most of the students at the games were either greek or swarm, everyone else didn't really show at least till the 2nd quarter.

I really don't know what it takes, but when I see Georgia selling out games for crappy opponents or even when their team is down, I see no reason we shouldn't be able to as well.
Their student body is about twice the size of ours, almost all of their alumni live in state, and they have far more non-alumni fans than we do. It is a silly comparison to make.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
BTW. If you're wondering why there was a bad turnout for the Vandy game, one big reason is Music Midtown is this weekend. Midtown was sh!t show yesterday. It took 30 minutes to go from the 14th street bridge to my place across from the W. That's 3 blocks. At 11:30 pm. Didn't make it home till after midnight.

Lots of fans probably didn't want to deal with the traffic during the height of traffic for that at noon.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I'm all for opposing fans coming and having a good time and I'm usually a chill guy overall, but if a UGA fan came and sat next to me at BDS and barked UGA chants while Tech and Vandy were playing I'd probably get tossed - maybe even arrested.

He was aware of my feelings for him before he left.
During out kickoff he would say "goo dogs sic em"
The last straw was when he bumped into my kiddo.
I threatened him with bodily harm (to keep it G rated here) if he got close to my kid again.
He soon after left.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
GTAA needs to be marketing to the kids at GCSU, Emory, and any other college without a team to try to enlarge our base of younger fans.

I've always wondered the GTAA didn't heavily play up the Atlanta angle. I always hear about how U(sic)GA will be the default team for casual fans. Because, if they go to Walmart and want a sweatshirt that says "Georgia", it's going to be red and black. Why doesn't Tech market sweatshirts that say:

Georgia Institute of Technology

ATLANTA

So, if someone walks into Target and wants an "Atlanta" sweatshirt, it's white and gold (or, sorry, navy). The mutts can have Athens, Milledgeville and Waycross. Tech should try to be Metro Atlanta's college team.

I've also always thought "The Institute" sounds appealing to younger fans. Play up Tech as a bunch of mad scientists growing Calvin Johnsons in a lab underneath the stadium. CPJ has a bit of evil genius in him I think...

Milwaukee

Banned
He was aware of my feelings for him before he left.
During out kickoff he would say "goo dogs sic em"
The last straw was when he bumped into my kiddo.
I threatened him with bodily harm (to keep it G rated here) if he got close to my kid again.
He soon after left.

And I don't usually condone your actions or the actions that I would've taken, but in this case I would've given you a standing O if I was in your section. I'm glad you put him in his place.

How miserable does one have to be to go be a troll for an entire day like that? What a punk.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I've always wondered the GTAA didn't heavily play up the Atlanta angle. I always hear about how U(sic)GA will be the default team for casual fans. Because, if they go to Walmart and want a sweatshirt that says "Georgia", it's going to be red and black. Why doesn't Tech market sweatshirts that say:

Georgia Institute of Technology

ATLANTA

So, if someone walks into Target and wants an "Atlanta" sweatshirt, it's white and gold (or, sorry, navy). The mutts can have Athens, Milledgeville and Waycross. Tech should try to be Metro Atlanta's college team.

I've also always thought "The Institute" sounds appealing to younger fans. Play up Tech as a bunch of mad scientists growing Calvin Johnsons in a lab underneath the stadium. CPJ has a bit of evil genius in him I think...

We really have to own Atlanta. Every high school. And give away tickets if you have to ...

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Figured I might as well jump on the criticism bandwagon. Especially in light of the gripes concerning our 3rd down defense. Some say Sewak is awful and should go, some say Roof is awful and should go. Even if those critics are 100% right, neither are half as pathetic as our sorry fanbase.

Why? We can't fill a small p5 stadium for starters. Of those that do show, arguably our very best fans, 80% (my eyeball and ear estimate) can't be bothered to get up and make noise on 3rd down for our D. If you are in this 80% of our bestest fans in the state....you are sorry and lazy and have no legitimate right to complain about our team's on field performance. Really, how hard is it to get off your lazy asses and yell for 5-10 seconds? Our players pour enough blood, sweat, and tears in to deserve better. It's really pretty shameful. But it's been this way, with a few exceptions for close big games, for 30 odd years minimum.
Lighten up Francis....

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
View attachment 1890 This guy @Supersizethatorder-mutt ....
He barked nearly the entire game.
He sticks our like a ruby in a goats butt!

I swear it was Jarrod from Subway!

I'm not putting my 2 cents worth in about attendance. Yet.
However, yesterday was pathetic.
I get tired of my mutt fan friends asking why don't we have good attendance.
Ive finally resorted to telling them
"We have an aptitude test you have to take while standing in line to get in....no pass. ...noo enter".lol
They look perplexed and say. "Ok" .
Where as to get it Sanford and son stadium you just pass the DNA test they give out.
Those with the same DNA are allowed entrance lolView attachment 1890
Send him to Sec 109 Row 23 seat 11 and I will kick his ***. ASHOLE Piece of ****.