Tech fans are awful

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Figured I might as well jump on the criticism bandwagon. Especially in light of the gripes concerning our 3rd down defense. Some say Sewak is awful and should go, some say Roof is awful and should go. Even if those critics are 100% right, neither are half as pathetic as our sorry fanbase.

Why? We can't fill a small p5 stadium for starters. Of those that do show, arguably our very best fans, 80% (my eyeball and ear estimate) can't be bothered to get up and make noise on 3rd down for our D. If you are in this 80% of our bestest fans in the state....you are sorry and lazy and have no legitimate right to complain about our team's on field performance. Really, how hard is it to get off your lazy asses and yell for 5-10 seconds? Our players pour enough blood, sweat, and tears in to deserve better. It's really pretty shameful. But it's been this way, with a few exceptions for close big games, for 30 odd years minimum.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Hmmmm....I dunno if I'm preaching to the choir. Too many Tech fans sitting on hands during 3rd downs for me to think all here make noise. If the numbers were flipped and 80% did make noise......id be more inclined to agree.

Figured I might as well jump on the criticism bandwagon. Especially in light of the gripes concerning our 3rd down defense. Some say Sewak is awful and should go, some say Roof is awful and should go. Even if those critics are 100% right, neither are half as pathetic as our sorry fanbase.

Why? We can't fill a small p5 stadium for starters. Of those that do show, arguably our very best fans, 80% (my eyeball and ear estimate) can't be bothered to get up and make noise on 3rd down for our D. If you are in this 80% of our bestest fans in the state....you are sorry and lazy and have no legitimate right to complain about our team's on field performance. Really, how hard is it to get off your lazy asses and yell for 5-10 seconds? Our players pour enough blood, sweat, and tears in to deserve better. It's really pretty shameful. But it's been this way, with a few exceptions for close big games, for 30 odd years minimum.
You want to hear about a bad fan? When I got home last week, I ran into a man and his wife on my plane who had been to Ireland. When I asked him what he thought about the game, he said that he had watched it on TV in a bar in Dublin, because of the rain. I told him that the seating area of the stadium was completely covered, and he said that he didn't know that ahead of time. Hell, all he had to do was look at any photo of the stadium, and that was obvious. Besides, it never really rained anyway, the worst it ever got was a light mist, except for when going to the stadium. I guess it must be nice to have money to burn like that, but I would have been embarrassed to admit that I went all the way to Dublin only to sit in a bar because I didn't want to get wet. SHEESH !!!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you. And tech fans are notoriously cheap (my time in AA fundraising taught me this....some of the stories were like really?)

However. Tech alumn that support the school are very generous

But the wine and cheese look at me crowd way too prominent in our in stadium "atmosphere". Hasnt change in 20 years really

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
You want to hear about a bad fan? When I got home last week, I ran into a man and his wife on my plane who had been to Ireland. When I asked him what he thought about the game, he said that he had watched it on TV in a bar in Dublin, because of the rain. I told him that the seating area of the stadium was completely covered, and he said that he didn't know that ahead of time. Hell, all he had to do was look at any photo of the stadium, and that was obvious. Besides, it never really rained anyway, the worst it ever got was a light mist, except for when going to the stadium. I guess it must be nice to have money to burn like that, but I would have been embarrassed to admit that I went all the way to Dublin only to sit in a bar because I didn't want to get wet. SHEESH !!!

Are u kidding lol. Lame

I'd be willing to bet that these same so-called fans never wear the school colors either, including blue. Harkens back to the 40s and 50s when people attended games in coats and ties and mink stoles. Just there for the show.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Well our players deserve a damn sight better.

Yes. Deserve more both in atmosphere, quality coaching, and uniforms.

We give a great education. The fans who do care are awesome and treat them that way. And some position groups are well coached. Good strength program and free food that is pretty good

Lots of positives too. The fanbase one....see u in 20 years it will be the same :(

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Last week or so we were bombarded on this forum about wearing gold. I sat in the N stands on Saturday with a lot of Mercer fans and I took notice of who was wearing what. The men and women from Mercer were mostly all wearing orange tees. Those tees were pretty uniform in color. There was a lot of gold in the stands but also a lot of navy and other colors. The Tech fan women are the worst offenders not wearing gold, or even navy for that matter. There was a noticeable difference in the numbers of Mercer couples both wearing team colors and the much fewer Tech couples who were both wearing team colors. So like most things lets blame the women (for the lack of gold color in the stands).

I blasted my daughter (GT alumni) with these facts and she responded that the GT team color clothing is made for men and it does not fit women (even tho she wore a poorly fitting gold Tee). The Mercer women seemed to be doing just fine in those colorful orange Tees. Any thoughts?