Syracuse vs. Georgia Tech

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I HATE the commercial they always play interviewing the ACC coaches on the watch ESPN app. There is a question about how you handle the stress of making a run in the NCAA tourney being almost expected in the ACC and CJP (who I am generally a huge fan of) gave a bomb of an answer. He talks about how at Memphis he had an unhealthy level of self driven stress based on high expectations and now he is trying to be more balanced in how he handles losses.
Reasonable answer on a personal level but a BAD look for a coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Wright or Cole has to step up. Which one does not matter.

They need an opportunity to play before they can step up.

But they won't get it. We'll play Alston's useless *** 25 minutes though and act like we can't afford to get young guys experience because we're trying to "win now" in a season we already have no hopes of making it to the post season.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Once again the OP naiiiiiiiled it. Really not sure what the rest of this thread is for. Only question is what will Jimmy B offer us?

Jax was solid.

Difference to me was our fast break/transition game (16 pts vs 7 pts). As choppy as it was at times, it was a net positive for us.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
That was ugly. Luckily Syracuse was somehow uglier. Under 10 minutes: Tad misses 2 FT's, 2 easy missed layups by Okogie, 3 wide open missed threes, terrible 6 points given up in a span of a couple seconds. I'm glad we made some plays down the stretch to pull it out but there was a lot of ugliness.

Funny how we played less players than Syracuse after all the talk of them being short handed.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Once again the OP naiiiiiiiled it. Really not sure what the rest of this thread is for. Only question is what will Jimmy B offer us?

Jax was solid.

Difference to me was our fast break/transition game (16 pts vs 7 pts). As choppy as it was at times, it was a net positive for us.

Yup, you nailed it. Post game will be .......... interesting.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
The OP sucked. He said it would take 65 to win :p

It was a good coaching move to put Tadric on the baseline and let him operate down there. Probably won the game. However, we played a very simple set the whole game against their zone. The same 1-3-1 base set I use in 8th grade AAU. We have at least 5 options put in to make it move and give the defense something different to think about. I didn't see anything other than that base set all game - albeit with different people in different slots but same set. Given you can be pretty damn sure Syracuse is going to play 2=3 zone I would have expected the coaches to try to help the offense by giving them a few wrinkles to work with.

Beyond that beyotch they played hard and won an ugly game. Take it and run.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
giphy.gif

Jax was solid.