Syracuse vs. Georgia Tech

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I thought we got screwed when we had to play Bonzie in the 1stND game but getting a weakened Syr helps a lot.
We still are a bad Offensive team , but if we could get 12-17 from Tad (on decent stats) every night,we would be much more dangerous.(no reason not to as a capable SR)
Its nice to win (in a play- out the string season)but not getting the other FR minutes of exp will bite us next yr, unless we can get a transfer big.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of Jose, I freaking love his fight and passion. Does all kinds of stuff that doesn't show up on the stat sheet. Last night he was at it again. Here is one of my favorites - he dishes the assist on a breakaway instead of getting the glory himself. Then peels away and doesn't even watch the play, but instead times a celebratory jump towards the bench right when Okogie slams it.

6RKAvQ.gif

I liked how fast he got the ball back to Jax in that give and go.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was disappointed with GT at the end of the first half. Jose launched that shot with 3.5 seconds left on the clock. GT really didn't try to get a good shot and it had plenty of time to do so.
Heck, Jose easily could have taken a couple of dribbles and launched a shot from 6-8 ft closer.
Was about my only complaint with GT coaching in the game.

How is that a complaint about coaching? I think that was on Jose. On the positive side, Jose was a frickin Tasmanian Devil on D. I watched him a lot in switching off in the man to man. A lot of energy. Love him.

I think CJP is putting the best players in position to win .... even by moving Lammers to 4 since AD is so much better at 5. But posters here know about 657 times more than I do about basketball strategy. I just know what looks good.

Deleted member 2897

How is that a complaint about coaching? I think that was on Jose. On the positive side, Jose was a frickin Tasmanian Devil on D. I watched him a lot in switching off in the man to man. A lot of energy. Love him.

I think CJP is putting the best players in position to win .... even by moving Lammers to 4 since AD is so much better at 5. But posters here know about 657 times more than I do about basketball strategy. I just know what looks good.

+1 for the Tasmanian Devil reference.

giphy.gif

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@orientalnc , the sCuse fans are all whining about the officials. They think they get jobbed below the Mason-Dixon line. I mean, who still says that anyway. I guess they didn't see the obvious kick-ball go uncalled on our first turnover when they started pressing.

I thought the game was more refereed like an MMA match last night. Very physical game with lots of contact and few fouls called versus what we usually see ........ It would be nice to see consistency between games; but it should be changing for everyone*? Right? *Except the NC teams.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I thought the game was more refereed like an MMA match last night. Very physical game with lots of contact and few fouls called versus what we usually see ........ It would be nice to see consistency between games; but it should be changing for everyone*? Right? *Except the NC teams.

And this is why the ACC will once again fair poorly iverall in the NCAAT

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
First game this year where i was frustrated with the refs. I don't care how you cal a game, just be consistent. They were really inconsistent in the 2nd half in what they were calling at the opposite ends.

John Higgins (the one who gave CJP a coach's box warning) is atrocious. He called the UNC-Clemson game Tuesday and make some truly indefensible calls. Last night was more of the same. If you remember, he's the ref who got numerous death threats from the Kentucky legion of doom after he called their NCAAT flameout last year.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
re: attendance..... I got to my seats 54 minutes prior to tip (according to the scoreboard). No students in teh end zone. No band either.

Band starts to wander in aimlessly at 35 minute mark. Band seems to all be there and ready to go at 20 minutes to tip off. Students filter in to fill about half the end zone by then.

If the friggin pep band doesn't show up until 20 minutes til tip, I can't act surprised that a lot of seats go unused. I sit in section 101, dead midcourt. There are 16 or 18 seats in our row. 8 people showed up and the other seats were unused. Truly sad

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
re: attendance..... I got to my seats 54 minutes prior to tip (according to the scoreboard). No students in teh end zone. No band either.

Band starts to wander in aimlessly at 35 minute mark. Band seems to all be there and ready to go at 20 minutes to tip off. Students filter in to fill about half the end zone by then.

If the friggin pep band doesn't show up until 20 minutes til tip, I can't act surprised that a lot of seats go unused. I sit in section 101, dead midcourt. There are 16 or 18 seats in our row. 8 people showed up and the other seats were unused. Truly sad

It was so packed against Clemson that you couldn't get a soda at halftime.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
There was a lotta’ orange in the stands, but it’s such an obnoxious color it looks like more than it really is. I would guess 10-15% cuse fans.

As a stated sellout, there were a TON of unused tickets. More empty seats than cuse fans in my opinion.

Thought we played extremely hard & won the 50/50 ball. Best indicator of the way the game was played was the loose ball that go batted 2/3 length of the court with bodies diving on the floor. Both offenseses were very offensive to watch and left with my eyes hurting from watching them. Neither team could get anything done inside

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
The "Let's go Orange" chanting was quite audible on TV broadcast, but once we stretched out ahead again that was the only intrusion. A bit disappointing, but considering our record, we're putting butts in the seats on a weeknight because the game we play is exciting.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
There was a lotta’ orange in the stands, but it’s such an obnoxious color it looks like more than it really is. I would guess 10-15% cuse fans.

As a stated sellout, there were a TON of unused tickets. More empty seats than cuse fans in my opinion.

Thought we played extremely hard & won the 50/50 ball. Best indicator of the way the game was played was the loose ball that go batted 2/3 length of the court with bodies diving on the floor. Both offenseses were very offensive to watch and left with my eyes hurting from watching them. Neither team could get anything done inside

Going to disagree on percentages. Clemson had 10-15% of crowd and actual attendance. I thought Cuse had 30% of actual attendance easily, including more overall fans than Clemson, as judged by my vantage point and including crowd noise at its loudest. Yes, Cuse cares more about basketball and may therefore be louder, but I don't think that was the main factor for the noise difference.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Honestly I thought all 3 orange clad teams brought roughly similar amounts of opponent fans to their respective games.
Clemson didn't seem as high because there were alot more GT butts in the seats for the Clemson game than the Syracuse game.
GT also had a good turnout for the TN Game early. For whatever reason GT fans did not seem to turn out for the Syracuse game - maybe disappointment and resignation following the Clem loss?
and so it looked like Syracuse had more fans there, but I don't think there was any significant difference in those 2 games in terms of opponents fans. Syracuse fans were louder and had fewer GT fans around to drown them out.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
The Let's Go Orange cheer was the loudest crowd noise of the night. (I'm ignoring the blaring music we seem to think is better than the band)

I'm with @CuseJacket I think Cuse had about 25% of the crowd. (pure guesswork, not scientific) If the Tech fans that had tickets had actually showed up, the % would've dropped to about 20%. And yes, they are louder than Clempson hoop fans.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Speaking personally (and yes, you can belittle me if you like), 8PM and later start times are difficult games for me to get to, get home at a decent hour and get into bed and asleep at a decent hour. For me. 'Cuz I'm old. So shut up and get off my lawn!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If it's a 7PM game, it's too early and people can't go because traffic & parking.

If it's an 8PM or 9PM game, it's too late and people can't get home to sleep.

Solution - find a friend that lives in town, give them the ticket, watch it on TV. Otherwise, suck it up and get there.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
There's got to be random people in Home Park who'd be too stoned to know you're not a friend when you knock on their door to crash for the night ... even if you're 80.