Spring Practice

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
There are no 1’s, only above the liners.

Thanks for the contribution. It’s gonna be lit in week 1 when we throw all 20-25 ATL guys on the field for the first snap.
Of course there is a 1st team...somebody has to start and somebody has to sit. Why are you being so obtuse to a fellow poster who’s just giving some of the info you’re complaining we aren’t getting?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the contribution. It’s gonna be lit in week 1 when we throw all 20-25 ATL guys on the field for the first snap.
Of course there is a 1st team...somebody has to start and somebody has to sit. Why are you being so obtuse to a fellow poster who’s just giving some of the info you’re complaining we aren’t getting?
Hang in there.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I have heard good things about both Oliver and Graham. We may not know until an hour before kickoff in Death Valley. lol

I think we may actually see all of
Looks like Matt Rhule was at the practice this morning. I would guess him and Collins talked often during the Temple coaching transition, they must still be friends. Pretty cool!

Dayum the guns on that dude!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I don't think any coach, especially a brand new one going up against teams who know most of the personnel on his team (like Coach, for instance), would be very wise to let everybody know who he's thinking of playing where. This also applies for players who are being tried out in different positions; give them a chance, but no need to discourage them if you decide they belong where they were.

I'd keep my mouth shut and use coach speak 24/7 in such a situation.

An aside: I'm reading Israel's The Dutch Republic right about now. A great (and really long) book that reads like a novel in places. He has an explanation of why William I was called "William the Silent". It didn't have anything to do with him keeping his mouth shut; he was the life of the party most of the time. Instead, it was about the way he never discussed what his plans were with anyone until he put them in action. Sounds like he would have made a great football coach.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
There are no 1’s, only above the liners.
Fair enough - strike the last sentence. I inferred that from insider comments on this board on starting OL and which QBs were getting most reps with that unit.

Without getting into a coaching staff debate, what information did you get from last spring that you're not getting this spring?

News from spring last year - Glanton struggled to adapt to 3-4, Mitchell will thrive under Woody and play downhill and faster, We may use Charlie at linebacker - he's a good player. what other news about player development did we get last spring?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Relax Francis, it was a joke.

Something probably ,missed in this article

“I’ve seen him get in about once or twice, but I don’t think he’s going to do it too much because he is the quarterback; they don’t want to see him get hurt,” Askew said. “But I think if they let go full go with it, he would be good in it.”

Statement, he is the quarterback....telling?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Looks like Matt Rhule was at the practice this morning. I would guess him and Collins talked often during the Temple coaching transition, they must still be friends. Pretty cool!

Rhule looking like he had a late one at the Cheetah the night before.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Something probably ,missed in this article

“I’ve seen him get in about once or twice, but I don’t think he’s going to do it too much because he is the quarterback; they don’t want to see him get hurt,” Askew said. “But I think if they let go full go with it, he would be good in it.”

Statement, he is the quarterback....telling?

Put it this way, don't hear much about LJ and Graham playing anywhere besides QB, and both of them are just as equally athletic as Tobias....especially Graham (who I happen to think needs to play somewhere if he's not the starting QB).