Spring Practice

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Could explain why he got some time at nickel. Can’t throw with a cast on his hand but the cast won’t prevent him from covering and batting balls down. Looks like he has on the offensive color there though.
Aren’t the quarterbacks protected with noncontact jerseys at practice?

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I like it with everybody but quarterbacks. Imagine losing your starting quarterback because he was playing defense in spring.

I understand what you're saying but I didn't second-guess CPJ and his staff on stuff like this (meaning: where they put players, who they recruited, player-type stuff) and I'm not going to start with CGC. That doesn't mean it's wrong to be concerned or to state such concerns. I'm just not going to worry about it.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
I like it with everybody but quarterbacks. Imagine losing your starting quarterback because he was playing defense in spring.
Agreed but I'd bet that the top 2 QBs aren't playing defense. This may be something TO showed interest in. He's a good athlete so if he's decent at CB, this gets him some PT, which is a good thing.

Imagine him getting an INT and having some open field in front of him - good bye!

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Not if he was practicing at another position something this coach does.

I'd be surprised if CGC had his top 2 QB's practicing at another position, especially given that he doesn't have a clear #1.

Who knows? Maybe he hurt his hand by reaching for a box of cereal and accidentally knocked his George Foreman grill onto his hand. I mean, there was a UGA player a while back who pulled a hammy doing laundry ...

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'd be surprised if CGC had his top 2 QB's practicing at another position, especially given that he doesn't have a clear #1.

Who knows? Maybe he hurt his hand by reaching for a box of cereal and accidentally knocked his George Foreman grill onto his hand. I mean, there was a UGA player a while back who pulled a hammy doing laundry ...
I'm not saying this is how he got hurt. But CGC is playing some player on offense and defense
This was about him taking snaps at nickel back ( Always get the best players on the field )
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/tobias-oliver-taking-snaps-nickel-back/sz2CDiTPbqfhuZzaiyNgeM/

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm pretty sure they said Oliver played nickel for a few snaps early in camp just to see what he could do back there. Since he's been in the mix with Lucas for QB1, I doubt he's taken any more reps back there.

neb llarmus

Jolly Good Fellow
I have been around football most of my life. And let me tell that is a while! I have never seen a head coach open up his coaching staff to in depth interviews like this coach. But I can see why. They are ALL very impressive! They know what they are doing and can communicate very well. It may take a few years, but they will turn out a fine product.