1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Running Backs

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Coloradojacket, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Oldgoldandwhite

Oldgoldandwhite Helluva Engineer

Back to running backs:
    What do you think happens, if after spring, some running backs are staring at not making the two deep anywhere entering fall camp? Knowing we are getting two that will leap them in the fall. That’s where I think the attrition will raise its ugly head.

2. Adadu

Adadu Helluva Engineer

I doubt Kirvonte will have the same success in Patenaude's system vs the Triple. This offense is going to require much more zone reading by rb's which he basically had to do none of in the triple outside of an a gap vs b gap decision.

Boaty1 likes this.
  3. iceeater1969

iceeater1969 Helluva Engineer

Sorry to bump again, but I agree he would have won the starting job and if as good as I think , coach would be still here.

IMO, Lucas has a good motion- less wind up - more up and out. Will see in spring if he can read PROGRESSIONS and stop, pop w ZIP.

4. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Helluva Engineer

Remeber there is no two deep, per se. But I would be surprised if we don't lose a couple of RBs who don't find themselves Above The Line.

Boaty1 likes this.
  5. iceeater1969

iceeater1969 Helluva Engineer

Iirc
    It took a year to get him to not read and run thru the hole. I think he will be fine if he still has the burst.

Imo, it will take the freshmen a while to get anywhere near to benson is in pass blocking.

The guy was like a tree stump . He read the rush, -centered up, got just low enough then flipped the rusher.
    Needed even more next year. I would like to see him, griffin, Cottrell in at same time - run heavy package. Cottrell can block too.️‍♂️

COJacket, buzzmaniac, Adadu and 3 others like this.
  6. Oldgoldandwhite

Oldgoldandwhite Helluva Engineer

I knew that would come up. If the players don’t know, they’re not very bright.

smokey_wasp likes this.
  7. Eli

Eli Helluva Engineer

So why hasn't anyone else transfered if there's an issue? We had many players transfer under Paul. So was there an issue?

8. smokey_wasp

Agreed, hehe. No question there won't be enough carries to go around, even with a few guys changing positions. Shoot, I expect Jamious to get 60 percent of them right out of the gate. Patenaude is gonna need to be creative, regardless.

Boaty1 and inGTwetrust like this.
  9. jojatk

jojatk Ramblin' Wreck

No kidding. I feel like I need to put a disclaimer in my signature so it's automatically appended to every post!

nod, Northeast Stinger and bobongo like this.
  10. jgtengineer

jgtengineer Helluva Engineer

Most of those transfers were either grades of playing tine and it usually happened after spring

11. SteamWhistle

SteamWhistle Helluva Engineer

I’m not sure who will win the Starting QB or RB jobs but I do know they will be elite, we haven’t had this type of Depth at Both positions probably ever.

12. smokey_wasp

RB, for sure. QB, I am not sure about. We have 5 of them, but only 2 were recruited as conventional QBs

tech_wreck47, SteamWhistle and Boaty1 like this.
  13. Boaty1

Boaty1 Helluva Engineer

Not seeing elite talent anywhere on our team right now. It will take several years to build that.

chewybaka likes this.
  14. 91Wreck

91Wreck Helluva Engineer

If the new staff is the problem with Parker, then why did we have multiple starters leave under CPJ's tenure? Were things not peachy then?

His dad said the new staff wasn't the reason for the transfer. Maybe he is lying. At the end of the day, no one but Parker knows the real reason.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SteamWhistle likes this.
  15. smokey_wasp

Most likely scenario is that he left to improve his NFL prospects or play for a team that has a shot at a natty, probably both.

91Wreck likes this.
  16. Northeast Stinger

Northeast Stinger Helluva Engineer

Sometimes I feel like Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

iceeater1969 and jojatk like this.
  17. jgtengineer

jgtengineer Helluva Engineer

Well know more after spring in all likelyhood at least one qb will transfer my money is on lucas for that if he doesnt win the starting job and I wouldnt fault him KSU just graduated their qb and he could probably win them an fcs championship.

18. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

Not with Key rolling in all o dem 5 stars he’s gonna get. ;)

19. Adadu

Adadu Helluva Engineer

Agree on the pass blocking. I think we have a good problem at the rb position with all the potential talent!

iceeater1969 likes this.
  20. tech_wreck47

tech_wreck47 Helluva Engineer

From what I’ve seen from the new OC, Mason and Griffin fit what he likes to do the best imo. That’s who I think will be the two guys getting the most touches.