1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Running Backs

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Coloradojacket, Feb 6, 2019.

1. ncjacket79

ncjacket79 Helluva Engineer

Has he?

2. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

It concerns you, not 99.9% of us. ;)

UgaBlows and 33jacket like this.
  3. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

If 99.9% of Tech fans aren’t sad to see Braun leave......

Our running backs jobs are now a lot harder. ;)

jojatk and buzzmaniac like this.
  4. gtstinger776

gtstinger776 Helluva Engineer

Yeah - that’s what I’ve been reading. I’m not trying to start a pissing contest about our current QBs. The bottomline is: they are unproven, and particularly in an offense that is going to require them to make plays with their arm. I think Yates will be a stud, I’m just not ready to throw him under fire against #1 Clemson.

The questions we should be asking ourselves: are Johnson and Graham better than oour competitors, other acc QBs? Do they have the ability to throw toe-to-toe against other acc QBs with significantly more experience in pro-style offenses? Do they have the talent to overcome a small make-shift offensive line this year?

5. ncjacket79

If he sees someone in the portal that he thinks can help I’m all for it but what I have seen is more internet rumor than anything else. I also would say that we need QBs who can be successful with what we want to do not who can throw toe to toe with anyone

6. ncjacket79

Not the same thing. Being sad he’s leaving is not the same as thinking there is some problem.

GTRock and Whiskey_Clear like this.
  7. GT_05

GT_05 Helluva Engineer

I would bet that a lot of the players don’t want to share the job. I remember when Herschel Walker was heading to Dallas to play with the Cowboys, Tony Dorsett said that Dallas wasn’t big enough for both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. MacJacket

MacJacket Helluva Engineer

Hershel is an idiot dawg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eli likes this.
  9. Ibeeballin

Ibeeballin GT Athlete

Well let’s see:

Trevor Lawrence- hell no
    Blake Barnett- possible
    Jordan Black- probably
    Nathan Elliot- probably
    Quentin Harris- possible
    Tate Martell- possible
    Kenny Pickett- possible
    Bryce Perkins- unlikely
    Ryan Willis- possible
    Jake From- high unlikely

slugboy, GTRock, Jacket05 and 2 others like this.
  10. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

Being concerned means there is reason to suspect discontentment. Most people don't leave in their senior year when everything's peachy. Couple that with a change in coaching staff and it's not hard to connect the dots.

11. Coloradojacket

Coloradojacket Helluva Engineer

I would not be shocked. He is a winner and broke all of his schools passing records.

chewybaka and NorthsideJacket like this.
  12. tech_wreck47

tech_wreck47 Helluva Engineer

Nothing against him, but passing at this level is nothing like the college level. As far as RB, I think we see Mason, Griffin, and Howard as the top 3 guys. Malloy is another I’d keep an eye on.

13. iceeater1969

iceeater1969 Helluva Engineer

Just a look
    6 SKILL POSITIONS .

10 UPPERCLASSMEN.
    Qb on scholarship
    1 jr, 2 soph, 2 fr.
    Rb on scholarship
    2 sr, 1 jr, 4 soph, 2 fr
    Big back on scholarship
    1 sr, 2 jr, 1 so, 1 fr
    Wr
    1 sr, 2 jr, a bunch of soph and fr.

12 UNDERCLASSMEN PLUS A BUNCH WR

Qb is very out of cycle
    Zero experience and 4 guys as soph fresh.

One fr must redshirt. If jr balls out and starts for 2 years still a traffic jam . When gone in 2 years we have 2 sr, 1 jr and 1 r soph w no experience .

Reminds me of 15

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  14. ncjacket79

What reason is there to suspect discontentment. The comments I’ve seen from his father don’t suggest any problem and I posted a potential reason for someone in his situation to leave and why it might not be peachy for an AA looking at his pro prospects. Some people just like drama.

GTRock and Jacket05 like this.
  15. jgtengineer

jgtengineer Helluva Engineer

Ratliffe atv injury waves again.

iceeater1969 likes this.
  16. gtstinger776

gtstinger776 Helluva Engineer

I don’t “like” this, but this is a good evaluation. The finding that we are very young on offense relates to my point about transfer QBs: we need offensive leadership and outside expertise as we make this transition. We especially want to do this as we have such an undersized OLine that will need help.

I think Yates can be our modern Joe Hamilton. But, I don’t think it does him a lot of good to be punished by opponents as the rest of the offense is making this change / adjustment. If we were better at OLine, I would say start Yates (to the extent he’s ready) to build for the future and shape our offense around him.

17. Yoda

Yoda Helluva Engineer

Saw him at the b ball game the other night. He gladly posed for a pic with my nephew. I'm pulling for him to be somewhere on the field.

NorthsideJacket likes this.
  18. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

KirVonte played in high school, but iirc that's how he originally hurt his knee.

19. GTRock

GTRock Helluva Engineer

Big Braun has not only come out and said Parker likes the new coaching staff and it's not an issue with them but he's also liked posts, including on here, alluding to it being a professional/business decision. AND if you look at the place(s) it appears he may go that makes sense.

Anyone that continues to claim discontentment must want to believe that.

AlaGTech, augustabuzz and Jacket05 like this.
  20. iceeater1969

iceeater1969 Helluva Engineer

While I m not a believer in accuracy of stars, yates got zero offers from power 5 schools besides gt.
    I love it.
    The Melton kid at ucf is the type qb we need for next 3 years. One will step forward and know the plays

buzzmaniac likes this.
  21. GTRock

GTRock Helluva Engineer

The transfer QB's we targeted, if reports were true, it only made sense to given we don't have a proven returning QB. BUT we have dual threat QB's with skill & potential. Whoever rises to the top should be pretty good. I wouldn't be surprised by any of them winning, save maybe Yates as a freshman. And a few of them (Graham especially, Tobias, Knight) could easily end up as starring at other positions if not.