Running Backs

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah - that’s what I’ve been reading. I’m not trying to start a pissing contest about our current QBs. The bottomline is: they are unproven, and particularly in an offense that is going to require them to make plays with their arm. I think Yates will be a stud, I’m just not ready to throw him under fire against #1 Clemson.

The questions we should be asking ourselves: are Johnson and Graham better than oour competitors, other acc QBs? Do they have the ability to throw toe-to-toe against other acc QBs with significantly more experience in pro-style offenses? Do they have the talent to overcome a small make-shift offensive line this year?

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Yeah - that’s what I’ve been reading. I’m not trying to start a pissing contest about our current QBs. The bottomline is: they are unproven, and particularly in an offense that is going to require them to make plays with their arm. I think Yates will be a stud, I’m just not ready to throw him under fire against #1 Clemson.

The questions we should be asking ourselves: are Johnson and Graham better than oour competitors, other acc QBs? Do they have the ability to throw toe-to-toe against other acc QBs with significantly more experience in pro-style offenses? Do they have the talent to overcome a small make-shift offensive line this year?
If he sees someone in the portal that he thinks can help I’m all for it but what I have seen is more internet rumor than anything else. I also would say that we need QBs who can be successful with what we want to do not who can throw toe to toe with anyone

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Why not keep the running backs in a rotation during the game so they all get playing time?

I would bet that a lot of the players don’t want to share the job. I remember when Herschel Walker was heading to Dallas to play with the Cowboys, Tony Dorsett said that Dallas wasn’t big enough for both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I would bet that a lot of the players don’t want to share the job. I remember when Herschel Walker was heading to Dallas to play with the Cowboys, Tony Dorsett said that Dallas wasn’t big enough for both of them.

Hershel is an idiot dawg.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Well let’s see:

Trevor Lawrence- hell no
Blake Barnett- possible
Jordan Black- probably
Nathan Elliot- probably
Quentin Harris- possible
Tate Martell- possible
Kenny Pickett- possible
Bryce Perkins- unlikely
Ryan Willis- possible
Jake From- high unlikely

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Not the same thing. Being sad he’s leaving is not the same as thinking there is some problem.
Being concerned means there is reason to suspect discontentment. Most people don't leave in their senior year when everything's peachy. Couple that with a change in coaching staff and it's not hard to connect the dots.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I would not be shocked. He is a winner and broke all of his schools passing records.
Nothing against him, but passing at this level is nothing like the college level. As far as RB, I think we see Mason, Griffin, and Howard as the top 3 guys. Malloy is another I’d keep an eye on.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Just a look
6 SKILL POSITIONS .

10 UPPERCLASSMEN.
Qb on scholarship
1 jr, 2 soph, 2 fr.
Rb on scholarship
2 sr, 1 jr, 4 soph, 2 fr
Big back on scholarship
1 sr, 2 jr, 1 so, 1 fr
Wr
1 sr, 2 jr, a bunch of soph and fr.

12 UNDERCLASSMEN PLUS A BUNCH WR

Qb is very out of cycle
Zero experience and 4 guys as soph fresh.

One fr must redshirt. If jr balls out and starts for 2 years still a traffic jam . When gone in 2 years we have 2 sr, 1 jr and 1 r soph w no experience .

Reminds me of 15

Last edited:

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Being concerned means there is reason to suspect discontentment. Most people don't leave in their senior year when everything's peachy. Couple that with a change in coaching staff and it's not hard to connect the dots.
What reason is there to suspect discontentment. The comments I’ve seen from his father don’t suggest any problem and I posted a potential reason for someone in his situation to leave and why it might not be peachy for an AA looking at his pro prospects. Some people just like drama.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Just a look
6 SKILL POSITIONS .

10 UPPERCLASSMEN.
Qb on scholarship
1 jr, 2 soph, 2 fr.
Rb on scholarship
2 sr, 1 jr, 4 soph, 2 fr
Big back on scholarship
1 sr, 2 jr, 1 so, 1 fr
Wr

Qb is very out of cycle

One fr must redshirt. If jr balls out and starts for 2 years still a traffic jam . When gone in 2 years we have 2 sr, 1 jr and 1 r soph w no experience .

Reminds me of 15

Ratliffe atv injury waves again.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
Just a look
6 SKILL POSITIONS .

10 UPPERCLASSMEN.
Qb on scholarship
1 jr, 2 soph, 2 fr.
Rb on scholarship
2 sr, 1 jr, 4 soph, 2 fr
Big back on scholarship
1 sr, 2 jr, 1 so, 1 fr
Wr

Qb is very out of cycle

Reminds me of 15
I don’t “like” this, but this is a good evaluation. The finding that we are very young on offense relates to my point about transfer QBs: we need offensive leadership and outside expertise as we make this transition. We especially want to do this as we have such an undersized OLine that will need help.

I think Yates can be our modern Joe Hamilton. But, I don’t think it does him a lot of good to be punished by opponents as the rest of the offense is making this change / adjustment. If we were better at OLine, I would say start Yates (to the extent he’s ready) to build for the future and shape our offense around him.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
What reason is there to suspect discontentment. The comments I’ve seen from his father don’t suggest any problem and I posted a potential reason for someone in his situation to leave and why it might not be peachy for an AA looking at his pro prospects. Some people just like drama.
Big Braun has not only come out and said Parker likes the new coaching staff and it's not an issue with them but he's also liked posts, including on here, alluding to it being a professional/business decision. AND if you look at the place(s) it appears he may go that makes sense.

Anyone that continues to claim discontentment must want to believe that.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I don’t “like” this, but this is a good evaluation. The finding that we are very young on offense relates to my point about transfer QBs: we need offensive leadership and outside expertise as we make this transition. We especially want to do this as we have such an undersized OLine that will need help.

I think Yates can be our modern Joe Hamilton. But, I don’t think it does him a lot of good to be punished by opponents as the rest of the offense is making this change / adjustment. If we were better at OLine, I would say start Yates (to the extent he’s ready) to build for the future and shape our offense around him.
While I m not a believer in accuracy of stars, yates got zero offers from power 5 schools besides gt.
I love it.
The Melton kid at ucf is the type qb we need for next 3 years. One will step forward and know the plays

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Then why has he been targeting transfer QBs?
How many of ya'll would be shocked if Tobias won the starting job next year?

The transfer QB's we targeted, if reports were true, it only made sense to given we don't have a proven returning QB. BUT we have dual threat QB's with skill & potential. Whoever rises to the top should be pretty good. I wouldn't be surprised by any of them winning, save maybe Yates as a freshman. And a few of them (Graham especially, Tobias, Knight) could easily end up as starring at other positions if not.