Running Backs

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Back to running backs:
What do you think happens, if after spring, some running backs are staring at not making the two deep anywhere entering fall camp? Knowing we are getting two that will leap them in the fall. That’s where I think the attrition will raise its ugly head.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
You’re forgetting a 1000 yard rusher we have returning. KirVonte is gonna have something to say about who starts at RB this year. We should keep BJS on defense where there’s more room for improvement.
I doubt Kirvonte will have the same success in Patenaude's system vs the Triple. This offense is going to require much more zone reading by rb's which he basically had to do none of in the triple outside of an a gap vs b gap decision.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We are off topic but....we differ in opinions on LJ it seems. His lack of pt is primarily due to his lack of experience as a frosh and his injury as a soph imo....not because he can’t throw the ball. We will see what’s up this spring.
Sorry to bump again, but I agree he would have won the starting job and if as good as I think , coach would be still here.

IMO, Lucas has a good motion- less wind up - more up and out. Will see in spring if he can read PROGRESSIONS and stop, pop w ZIP.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Back to running backs:
What do you think happens, if after spring, some running backs are staring at not making the two deep anywhere entering fall camp? Knowing we are getting two that will leap them in the fall. That’s where I think the attrition will raise its ugly head.

Remeber there is no two deep, per se. But I would be surprised if we don't lose a couple of RBs who don't find themselves Above The Line.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I doubt Kirvonte will have the same success in Patenaude's system vs the Triple. This offense is going to require much more zone reading by rb's which he basically had to do none of in the triple outside of an a gap vs b gap decision.
Iirc
It took a year to get him to not read and run thru the hole. I think he will be fine if he still has the burst.

Imo, it will take the freshmen a while to get anywhere near to benson is in pass blocking.

The guy was like a tree stump . He read the rush, -centered up, got just low enough then flipped the rusher.
Needed even more next year. I would like to see him, griffin, Cottrell in at same time - run heavy package. Cottrell can block too.️‍♂️

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Being concerned means there is reason to suspect discontentment. Most people don't leave in their senior year when everything's peachy. Couple that with a change in coaching staff and it's not hard to connect the dots.

So why hasn't anyone else transfered if there's an issue? We had many players transfer under Paul. So was there an issue?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
So why hasn't anyone else transfered if there's an issue? We had many players transfer under Paul. So was there an issue?

Most of those transfers were either grades of playing tine and it usually happened after spring

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure who will win the Starting QB or RB jobs but I do know they will be elite, we haven’t had this type of Depth at Both positions probably ever.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure who will win the Starting QB or RB jobs but I do know they will be elite, we haven’t had this type of Depth at Both positions probably ever.

Not seeing elite talent anywhere on our team right now. It will take several years to build that.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Being concerned means there is reason to suspect discontentment. Most people don't leave in their senior year when everything's peachy. Couple that with a change in coaching staff and it's not hard to connect the dots.
If the new staff is the problem with Parker, then why did we have multiple starters leave under CPJ's tenure? Were things not peachy then?

His dad said the new staff wasn't the reason for the transfer. Maybe he is lying. At the end of the day, no one but Parker knows the real reason.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
If the new staff is the problem with Parker, then why did we have multiple starters leave under CPJ's tenure? Were things not peachy then?

His dad said the new staff wasn't the reason for the transfer. Maybe he is lying. At the end of the day, no one but Parker knows the real reason.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Most likely scenario is that he left to improve his NFL prospects or play for a team that has a shot at a natty, probably both.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Well know more after spring in all likelyhood at least one qb will transfer my money is on lucas for that if he doesnt win the starting job and I wouldnt fault him KSU just graduated their qb and he could probably win them an fcs championship.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Iirc
It took a year to get him to not read and run thru the hole. I think he will be fine if he still has the burst.

Imo, it will take the freshmen a while to get anywhere near to benson is in pass blocking.

The guy was like a tree stump . He read the rush, -centered up, got just low enough then flipped the rusher.
Needed even more next year. I would like to see him, griffin, Cottrell in at same time - run heavy package. Cottrell can block too.️‍♂️
Agree on the pass blocking. I think we have a good problem at the rb position with all the potential talent!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
From what I’ve seen from the new OC, Mason and Griffin fit what he likes to do the best imo. That’s who I think will be the two guys getting the most touches.