Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Tosh Lupoi is as dirty as they come as a recruiter, something that I don't want to have around our program. There's lots of big names that are available right now with the firing. Paul Rhodes, John Chavis, and Bob Diaco are a few that come to mind if we move on from Ted.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
For all the heat and hating on Roof these days, he sure has a pretty impressive resume:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Roof

Anyway if we’re gonna replace the DC, what’s the point in taking a guy used to drawing up game plans for the likes of 5-star rich Alabama? Name someone who has been successful at a program with a history of recruiting struggles like a Boston College - that’s the man for Georgia Tech
Because he also recruited those 5-star guys to Alabama. Just because it's Alabama doesn't mean those kids fall into your lap - you still have to recruit them, and more importantly, develop them to win championships. This guy has done that.

And I'm going to ignore your last comment, because to me it essentially sounds like you would rather pull a coach from BC than Bama, which is just as silly as it sounds.

glarshamarsha

Georgia Tech Fan
If Roof is fired, which I really hope happens, who do you guys think would make a good replacement? Who would you want us to target?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
For all the heat and hating on Roof these days, he sure has a pretty impressive resume:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Roof

Anyway if we’re gonna replace the DC, what’s the point in taking a guy used to drawing up game plans for the likes of 5-star rich Alabama? Name someone who has been successful at a program with a history of recruiting struggles like a Boston College - that’s the man for Georgia Tech
What resume are you talking about? Not trying to be mean but just because a guy has made a lot of stops doesn't give him a good resume imo. A good resume imo is someone that has produced at those stops.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
Roof will not be fired until after the early signing period (if he is at all). Almost all assistant moves are made after signing day to make sure their commits get locked in. Roof has been instrumental in a lot of our defensive recruiting we won't be risking losing those kids.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
What resume are you talking about? Not trying to be mean but just because a guy has made a lot of stops doesn't give him a good resume imo. A good resume imo is someone that has produced at those stops.

You obviously didn’t read any of the details about his Defenses success wherever he went. But that’s okay if you’ve already made your decision why read anything contradicting your closed mindset.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Because he also recruited those 5-star guys to Alabama. Just because it's Alabama doesn't mean those kids fall into your lap - you still have to recruit them, and more importantly, develop them to win championships. This guy has done that.

And I'm going to ignore your last comment, because to me it essentially sounds like you would rather pull a coach from BC than Bama, which is just as silly as it sounds.

Um yeah those 5-star guys really do fall into their laps at Bama at this point. The program sells itself even without their massive recruiting staff. All the coaches have to do is make an offer, call the bag-man, and viola.

As for BC, that was just an example off the top of my head, but the POINT you missed is a few years ago their D-coordinator turned a bunch of 2 & 3-star players into the top 5 Defense in the nation.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
You obviously didn’t read any of the details about his Defenses success wherever he went. But that’s okay if you’ve already made your decision why read anything contradicting your closed mindset.
What success? Never cracking a top 25 D at Auburn with talent to spare? Never cracking a top 50 class at GT since he's been back? Just because he made a team better on D in one aspect doesn't mean the D as a whole was better. And his best success was while he was early in his coaching years, what success are you talking about that's been recent? It's not about me already making a decision or having a closed mind, it's about me looking at all the facts as a whole and not just reading something online that's only going to give good info.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Tosh Lupoi is as dirty as they come as a recruiter, something that I don't want to have around our program. There's lots of big names that are available right now with the firing. Paul Rhodes, John Chavis, and Bob Diaco are a few that come to mind if we move on from Ted.

I have not heard of the man and have no opinion of his work at bama or if he would be welcomed here.

So, not knowing, I ask what evidence of the “as dirty as they come claim”?

What bothers me is when people have evidence of others cheating and do nothing about it. Nobody appears to have problems turning us in.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I have not heard of the man and have no opinion of his work at bama or if he would be welcomed here.

So, not knowing, I ask what evidence of the “as dirty as they come claim”?

What bothers me is when people have evidence of others cheating and do nothing about it. Nobody appears to have problems turning us in.

Why bother turning others in when nothing gets done about it. After the UNC debacle, I am not sure that people honestly care about the integrity of the sport anymore.

Or integrity, period...

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I didn't think about Bob Diaco, but that would be a great hire imo.

What success? Never cracking a top 25 D at Auburn with talent to spare? Never cracking a top 50 class at GT since he's been back? Just because he made a team better on D in one aspect doesn't mean the D as a whole was better. And his best success was while he was early in his coaching years, what success are you talking about that's been recent? It's not about me already making a decision or having a closed mind, it's about me looking at all the facts as a whole and not just reading something online that's only going to give good info.
The Auburn fans I know personally hated him as DC at Auburn. I imagine they are not alone.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Um yeah those 5-star guys really do fall into their laps at Bama at this point. The program sells itself even without their massive recruiting staff. All the coaches have to do is make an offer, call the bag-man, and viola.

As for BC, that was just an example off the top of my head, but the POINT you missed is a few years ago their D-coordinator turned a bunch of 2 & 3-star players into the top 5 Defense in the nation.
If you think that's how recruiting goes for even the top schools like Bama, Clem, Aub, etc. then I'm not really sure what else to say, other than that's a very uneducated and oversimplified way to look at the recruiting process.

Lupoi was charged with paying for tutors while at Washington and subsequently asked to leave the program, which is why he was an analyst at Bama for the 2014 season. Did he break the rules? For sure. Is he 'dirty as they come'? Not sure I would put the guy on the same level as Kiffin or Freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.