Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

75southjacket

Banned
Can we get back on topic of Ted Roof. I have been waiting all damn day on some news. What is going on ? I'm beginning to question KQ of rivals on his source. He also reported Johnson was gone after the 2013 season. With all the coaching changes going on, who would be a good candidate for GT from the schools like UF, Miss St and so on.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Can we get back on topic of Ted Roof. I have been waiting all damn day on some news. What is going on ? I'm beginning to question KQ of rivals on his source. He also reported Johnson was gone after the 2013 season. With all the coaching changes going on, who would be a good candidate for GT from the schools like UF, Miss St and so on.
I don't think anyone is getting fired. I could be wrong, but with them back at it in recruiting it seems like nothing is going to happen. To me this is very frustrating, you have so many people who pay good money to watch these games and donate moneythat are upset with the staff in some capacity, wether it be the head man, or an assistant. IMO that's not very fair to the fan base.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
You don't change your staff during recruiting season unless the house is on fire. I don't expect any changes. If we have any they will be announced after the first Wednesday in February so don't hold your breath.

Go Jackets!

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Can we get back on topic of Ted Roof. I have been waiting all damn day on some news. What is going on ? I'm beginning to question KQ of rivals on his source.

I cannot teach him ... the boy has no patience.

Early signing period is Dec 20-22. It's possible that if there are any moves it might happen then.

That is probably going to be true for a lot of position coaches all over.

Jmonty71

Banned
If Roof is fired, which I really hope happens, who do you guys think would make a good replacement? Who would you want us to target?
I like Tom Kaufman at Chattanooga a lot. He has a really good mixture. Unrealistically, we can say Bud Foster and such... But, we cannot afford that. Nor do I think he'd leave. Jville State's DC David Blackwell looked pretty good too.

I think Blackwell and Kaufman are 2 up and coming DCs.

75southjacket

Banned
I don't think anyone is getting fired. I could be wrong, but with them back at it in recruiting it seems like nothing is going to happen. To me this is very frustrating, you have so many people who pay good money to watch these games and donate moneythat are upset with the staff in some capacity, wether it be the head man, or an assistant. IMO that's not very fair to the fan base.
I think these coaches know that the time is ticking. I believe Stansburys is going to give Johnson some extra guys for the staff. I don't see anyone getting fired after the raises they received in the off season. I think most people know by now I want to scrap the coaching staff and move on to something more modern. Young and energetic coaches. Will see what happens. Unfortunately wreck_47 , there is to many old men that influence Tech football. This is not a direct shot at the older crowd ! I love everyone that cheers for the white and gold. These same older gentleman are reminded a lot when they see Johnson and his style of play. These same people are what hurt tech in the same process. When is the last time you attended a game ? As long as I can remember (1998-present) the Saturday crowd is mostly made up of men in their 60s-70s).

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think these coaches know that the time is ticking. I believe Stansburys is going to give Johnson some extra guys for the staff. I don't see anyone getting fired after the raises they received in the off season. I think most people know by now I want to scrap the coaching staff and move on to something more modern. Young and energetic coaches. Will see what happens. Unfortunately wreck_47 , there is to many old men that influence Tech football. This is not a direct shot at the older crowd ! I love everyone that cheers for the white and gold. These same older gentleman are reminded a lot when they see Johnson and his style of play. These same people are what hurt tech in the same process. When is the last time you attended a game ? As long as I can remember (1998-present) the Saturday crowd is mostly made up of men in their 60s-70s).
Please stop assuming that men are the only Tech fans.

Smart Women.jpg

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Had a lot going on this year so the last game I went to was last season.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I've always believed this: Give CPJ equal talent to Saban, and CPJ would lap Saban.

Unfortunately, that's not how the world works. There will never be an even playing field for coaches.
It's pretty damn difficult to have more success than what Saban has had.

75southjacket

Banned
Well at least he has improved from implying the typical Tech fans are "nerds". Then again maybe he's still of that belief lol. 60-70 year old nerds.

Come to section 101 sometime @75southjacket. Let's see how you stack up first home game next year.
Tech is lucky to have a fan like myself. I stuck with Ga Tech through the Gailey years. I had to grow up in my early teens listening to everyone bark about UGA. I am 27 going on 28. I haven't seen those real bad times that some of you have seen. I will admit Johnson has done better than a few coaches but I also know that he is not some coach that can't be replaced. Some of you like the guy and his option offense. That's your opinion , everybody has one. What I can promise you about it, it's hurting the football program grow with modern times. Kids with NFL talents are not going to give Johnson a chance. Nothing about his offense helps them. Shaq Mason is the only guy from the Johnson era that has made it. I don't list Bay Bay because it wouldn't have mattered. He would have never committed to Tech if Johnson was hired a year earlier. With that said , can Johnson win some games ? Yes he can. Is he going to land some decent players? Yes he will. But , he isn't going to land a group of talented players year after year. Building quality depth is the key to being better than 6-8 wins!

75southjacket

Banned
Well at least he has improved from implying the typical Tech fans are "nerds". Then again maybe he's still of that belief lol. 60-70 year old nerds.

Come to section 101 sometime @75southjacket. Let's see how you stack up first home game next year.
I'm not sure if that's some what of a threat but , I will more than happy to "stack up with you " anytime , anywhere. We can compete against each in boxing, cage fighting, football, golf, weight lifting, rock climbing and so on..

Status
Not open for further replies.