Not open for further replies.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
1-M Burnett recruited by CCG
2-D Morgan recruited by CCG
3-B Watts drafted 223rd, 7th round, now a F/A
4-J Thomas drafted 6th round, not in the NFL currently
5-J Attouchu is legit
6-DJ White drafted 6th round. Made it to the NFL but hardly a poster child for what GT did for him.
7-A Gotsis is legit.

Of the 7 you list, 2 came in under CPJ AND are legit NFL players - both on the d-line. DJW is the only skill player to make it in 10 years. No other corner, safety, or LB has had an impact.

I didn't list any that didn't get drafted and still made it to an NFL camp. I posted it in response to your post that basically said defensive players at GT have no chance of making it to the NFL. If it is all because of the offense, then why don't we have a long list of pro bowl defensive players from the 20-30 years before CPJ's offense?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
1-M Burnett recruited by CCG
2-D Morgan recruited by CCG
3-B Watts drafted 223rd, 7th round, now a F/A
4-J Thomas drafted 6th round, not in the NFL currently
5-J Attouchu is legit
6-DJ White drafted 6th round. Made it to the NFL but hardly a poster child for what GT did for him.
7-A Gotsis is legit.

Of the 7 you list, 2 came in under CPJ AND are legit NFL players - both on the d-line. DJW is the only skill player to make it in 10 years. No other corner, safety, or LB has had an impact.

If I was an outsider and didn’t know any better, i would’ve thought GT was producing NFL guys like Bama, USCw, and Ohio St. prior to CPJ

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Didn't the AD just extend Ted Roof and give him a raise a few weeks ago? If Roof is fired Todd Stansbury will look very dumb. We could have walked away from his contract in a month's time for nothing.
I don't think anyone would even be thinking this. Either people would be happy or mad. But I doubt this would be a major thought. Not sure if what you said has been posted yet and if not it took 21 pages for someone to even mention it. JMO

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
AD job is first year evaluate. Second year establish the criteria and metrics for success. Third year make changes necessary to meet criteria. We are into year 2.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Turnovers! Check the stats and this year’s Defense was slightly above average yardage-wise. But fewest takeaways since 1997!

This is the same defensive coordinator as last year and the 2014 Orange Bowl year. Difference this year was the players executing the game plan and an unhealthy share of back luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Turnovers! Check the stats and this year’s Defense was slightly above average yardage-wise. But fewest takeaways since 1997!

This is the same defensive coordinator as last year and the 2014 Orange Bowl year. Difference this year was the players executing the game plan and an unhealthy share of back luck!

SO true, how many fumbles and int's have we missed on this season?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

Our defense was still bad in 2014.

slugboy

Staff member
AD job is first year evaluate. Second year establish the criteria and metrics for success. Third year make changes necessary to meet criteria. We are into year 2.
I think Stansbury had his goals and metrics already--you don't get hired without them. I'm sure there's some tweaking going on, but I think he's gradually implementing his plan.
Criteria should be "if you can make an improvement, make it". A lot of programs will fire a coach, but that doesn't mean that they're better off with the replacement. Fans compare their coach against an ideal coach; no programs ever hire an ideal coach. You have to compare Roof, Sewak, and others against replacements that you think you would get, and you need several better alternatives because plan A often doesn't work out.
If you can't replace Roof with someone significantly better then you're causing disruption for no good reason.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
If you get right down to it, the Hill shouldn't care about football, aside from the fact that good football teams affect the overall image of the school. That's why the AA is, and always has been, totally separate from the Hill.

I believe Ga state laws also have something to do with that - at every university in Ga.

75southjacket

Banned
Why hasn't there been any updates on the plan going forward ? What coaches are leaving? Every school that is making a move has already done it. We are still just sitting waiting.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Why hasn't there been any updates on the plan going forward ? What coaches are leaving? Every school that is making a move has already done it. We are still just sitting waiting.

CPJ usually solidifies a hire prior to firing someone. My guess is that he is trying to make sure he can get who he wants before he makes a move.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Stansbury had his goals and metrics already--you don't get hired without them. I'm sure there's some tweaking going on, but I think he's gradually implementing his plan.
Criteria should be "if you can make an improvement, make it". A lot of programs will fire a coach, but that doesn't mean that they're better off with the replacement. Fans compare their coach against an ideal coach; no programs ever hire an ideal coach. You have to compare Roof, Sewak, and others against replacements that you think you would get, and you need several better alternatives because plan A often doesn't work out.
If you can't replace Roof with someone significantly better then you're causing disruption for no good reason.
A really popular name out there right now that is probably out of reach for us given our commitment (or lack there of) to resources for assistants is Tosh Lupoi at Bama. He's a young guy with tons of energy, is a substantiated recruiter, and has a track record of success. This is an up and coming guy that I think could be a great fit here. Catch is that he's currently making more money than roof as an Asst. DC, but your selling point could be that we'll match his salary and give him total control of the D. Not sure how much that means to him, but it could be an attraction.

I think he will get brought in to run a defense by a bigger program that's willing to spend more money, but this is the kind of guy we should be looking at if we're serious about winning championships.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
For all the heat and hating on Roof these days, he sure has a pretty impressive resume:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Roof

Anyway if we’re gonna replace the DC, what’s the point in taking a guy used to drawing up game plans for the likes of 5-star rich Alabama? Name someone who has been successful at a program with a history of recruiting struggles like a Boston College - that’s the man for Georgia Tech

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

You should email our AD and ask him. He probably doesn't know what to do without us message board heroes to help him...

[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.