Roof Out as DC

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
Roof was not fired. He took a promotion. He's now an assistant head coach as well as co-DC. Considering the way our fans treated him, I don't blme him for bolting. This is a loss for us.
CTR's departure leaves me with some sadness but that is not to say that there doesn't need to be improvements to the defense. I know this is part of the deal in coaching - a lot of moves and transitions that can be tough on families (especially when a coach's son plays on the team), and, sometimes, a lot of inconsiderate grief from some fans. I wish Coach Roof the best, I thank him for his time here and I hope this move works out well for both schools.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Can't wait to see you Roof haters when the same talent level doesn't play better and may play worse. With that said, I always want GT to play well and win, but I believe Ted was great for GT. Everyone can have their own opinion. That is one from an alum.
Well I can’t wait till all the Roof lovers, who think he’s the absolute best for GT and no one could do better see our D be better. This is my opinion, coming from an ex head football coaches son who coached D and won a state championship. (High school) I do wish Roof the best though, from what I’ve heard he was a good guy, and I have no hard feelings at all.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Unless the talent starts to perk up at DT or LB, you will see how it can get worse. Not hoping for that, but trust me, it can.
Disagree, our D system we were running was not beneficial to our guys in the first place. So many more things we could have done to help them out imo.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Can't wait to see you Roof haters when the same talent level doesn't play better and may play worse. With that said, I always want GT to play well and win, but I believe Ted was great for GT. Everyone can have their own opinion. That is one from an alum.

Can't wait for us to do worse? Hmmm