Roof Out as DC

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Agree, I approve of Nate Stimson as well..!
And let him bring Matt Uremovich with him...
Whomever we choose, they need to bring some serious nasty and flat FILTHY attitudes with them!!!
We need a rude, ugly, belligerent, animalistic attitude instilled into our squad
We should bring Matt Uremovich on as a recruiter or a hype man. He will get the players ready to fight for GT.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
Now that Ted left I can see Charles Kelly coming back and Brian Cook... I can also see a scenario were Coach McCollum gets the DC job...
Don't understand the Charles kelly love. Didn't do well as interim D.C. Did we even offer him then? He has been awful at fsu with double the talent. I'd rather hire me. I'm an architect but I think I could do better than Charles Kelly.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Roof was not fired. He took a promotion. He's now an assistant head coach as well as co-DC. Considering the way our fans treated him, I don't blme him for bolting. This is a loss for us.

I strongly disagree. Roof coaches D with one ball. I don't care how good of a recruiter people think he is. What's the point in getting a stud defensive player if he never improves? I look at our defense and can't think of a single player who has gotten better.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
I like the idea of that Woody guy. I hope it happens.

I do too and I think he should be able to bring some assistants as well. I think PJ has made the mistake in the past of leaving some assistants in place that probably should not be. Either way, I think this is PJ's last shot at improving the defense.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Please explain “great recruiter” which players have been great that he recruited? Are you happy with fielding a D turning out performances below what their talent level would indicate? Do you really think our D talent is in the 60’s?

The Swillings, for starters. Now, I am not happy with the D performance, but he was progressing in the right direction, and we've now thrown all that out to start completely over. Hopefully the new guy can keep it going.