Roof Out as DC

kalld12

Banned
Roof is gone. Joined NC State's Coaching Staff as 10th Coach. Honestly, I'm happy about this, now i just hope we find a viable replacement who can take us where we need to go. Hope this doesn't affect recruiting too much.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I don't care whether or not he was fired, and honestly, I think it's in poor taste to wish he was fired instead both sides just parting ways. Doesn't matter if he was fired or not, he's no longer our DC and that's what a majority wanted.

That said, this was possibly the best outcome for both parties. CPJ wasn't happy with the defense, and Roof was not as effective as our DC. Roof didn't have to experience getting fired by his alma mater, and CPJ didn't have to fire Ted.

So now, let's speculate on the replacement...

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Hopefully we get someone great to replace him. While lots on here were looking for him to go, I was optimistic about improvements under him. Last season (despite the record not being great) I believe we were heading in the right direction). He also did us proud and pulled in good tech men. Wish him the best of luck in the future.

Couple stats from NC state’s news brief about him joining the staff:
+Georgia Tech ranked third in the ACC this season (behind Clemson and Virginia Tech) in total defense versus ACC competition.

+The Jackets ranked second in the league in third down defense vs. league competition (11th in the FBS), and 17th nationally in first downs allowed.

Also hope TD stays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Things didn't work out and we can only speculate the reasons (talent, scheme, communication, whatever it was). As someone who wanted Roof gone for a while now, I do wish him the best. He seems like a good guy and I don't have any personal grudges against him. I may have crossed the line in my criticisms in the past, but now that this is over I do wish him the best except when we play State.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Roof was not publicly fired but I think we all know the deal. PJ knows what he wants to do at DC and it will be announced soon. Andy Mac is staying and may be named associate head coach and at least get a decent raise. I expect 2 more staff changes as well plus the additional 10th coach. Stay tuned