Record Attendance Spring Game

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
41,000 at the Swamp for a scorcher of a UF spring game.

D4DFIApWwAYBzgs.jpg:large

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I believe CGC took a calculated risk keeping this on a Friday night because he believes Bobby Dodd under the lights and the ATL skyline will make an impression on recruits. He is banking on the fans turning out. Prayyyy for good weather and show up regardless.

You talking about practice? They can’t even show up for real games and you talking about practice?

Funny...sad....true.

Will be interesting to see what happens this year with attendance. Would be nice to see BDS at max capacity again.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
You talking about practice? They can’t even show up for real games and you talking about practice?

Funny...sad....true.

Will be interesting to see what happens this year with attendance. Would be nice to see BDS at max capacity again.

I hate that I can't be there this year. Hoping to see at least 20K show up.

Also, I think we'll see some near sellouts, if not full sellouts, this year. History indicates that attendance swells during a coaches first year regardless of outcome on the field. Can we keep the momentum is always the question.

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I will be coming up but by myself (no Tech fans in dwag country). What's the seating policy? Sit anywhere that's open?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
With the attendance (or non attendance) the Spring Game at Tech has historically had, 25,000 would be a record, and that still isn't large.
Tech can pull a 'Bama. Check the attendance of its rival -- Georgia or maybe Clemson -- and add 2,000 to it. There is a precedence for this sort of thing these days, you know. Clemson people swear Alabama claimed 62,000 attendance after 60,000 showed up -- well, Clemson said -- at Clemson's game. Might look suspicious for a 55,000 seat stadium, but the burden is on the doubter.

(Clemson and Alabama seem to share the philosophy of getting that NC thing out of the way: start spring practice at the earliest legal date to put all warm glows and celebrations out out of the way with a new season for a team that has accomplished nothing. It is kind of interesting.)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
404 Takeover on gt football Twitter
Show coaches headed to all parts of ATL in what appears to be a boots on the ground effort to generate long term and spring game excitement.

Choice is headed to Southside.

Makes me feel they will very much appreciate the GT Alumns who come.