Record Attendance Spring Game

Milwaukee

Banned
Grilled wings > fried wings any day of the week, and twice on Sundays. That said, you can't really go wrong with a wing.

1 - deep fryer wings
2 - grilled wings
3 - baked wings

I have a local place that deep fries them and then finishes them on the grill for a nice char; you get the crunch from the fryer and the char/smoke from the grill. Pretty solid. http://www.thepointseastpub.com

Deep fried are still the best. Now I'm hungry.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
1 - deep fryer wings
2 - grilled wings
3 - baked wings

I have a local place that deep fries them and then finishes them on the grill for a nice char; you get the crunch from the fryer and the char/smoke from the grill. Pretty solid. http://www.thepointseastpub.com

Deep fried are still the best. Now I'm hungry.

Smoked wings from https://hometeambbq.com/ still the best wings I have ever had. Everything else on their menu is also amazing.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
eBaNIOZ8xCbK_ysqaHjlVxIMBsTy2HzBc6OeEOGdoqyg7utK9gLFHRz9PE6nTPdA9Sq8z-_Zhrmi0aOA5Ed3ueeeGOHiUgXFavpe7fwQF7UnEIlWGVUrK0gcehwwefJisJGi7yv0SBE799MfJv8=s0-d-e1-ft

Additionally, the first 2,000 students in attendance will receive a Georgia Tech football ATL adidas t-shirt.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Tech Issues #404Takeover Challenge for Spring Game
Be a part of record-breaking crowd on April 26

Georgia Tech athletics and football head coach Geoff Collins have issued a #404Takeover Challenge for the Yellow Jackets’ 2019 spring game, presented by Nissan, encouraging fans to be a part of a record-breaking crowd for Tech’s White vs. Gold contest at Bobby Dodd Stadium on Friday, April 26. Kickoff is set for 7:29 p.m. and ADMISSION IS FREE!

The #404Takeover Challenge is Georgia Tech’s call for fans to be a part of a record-breaking spring game crowd at Bobby Dodd Stadium, with a goal of besting the previous record of 18,125, which was set in 2012.

The first 5,000 fans to accept the #404Takeover Challenge by entering the gates at Bobby Dodd Stadium on Friday, April 26 will receive an official Georgia Tech football 404 wristband and a hot-off-the-presses 2019 Georgia Tech football poster. Additionally, the first 2,000 students in attendance will receive a Georgia Tech football ATL adidas t-shirt.

Gates for the 2019 Spring Game open at 6:30 p.m.

Other special offers and events scheduled in conjunction with the spring game include:

• $1 off the following items at selected concession stands throughout the stadium – bottled water, small beverage, souvenir beverage, hot dog and popcorn;

• WreckFest on Callaway Plaza (located on the north end of Bobby Dodd Stadium, on Bobby Dodd Way), beginning at 5 p.m. WreckFest will feature a live DJ, food available for purchase from Sonny’s BBQ and Chick-fil-A and official Georgia Tech apparel available for purchase from the Barnes & Noble at Georgia Tech bookstore;

• children’s activities, including a face painter on Bobby Dodd Stadium’s north concourse and a balloon artist at Gate 4;

• a photo booth located at Gate 4;

• a live in-game DJ in the student section.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
They had my daughter at “face painter”. You’d think she was a little kid but, no. She’s a freshman in high school. She is begging me to take her down there super early. I keep telling her she doesn’t have to convince me. My car’s ready to go right now (and we’re a week away).

We will be there twin or shine. I have rain jackets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
1. Friday traffic. People don't want to fight Friday night traffic, especially after working all day.

2. Distance. People 2 or more hours away are much more likely to come to a Saturday game than a Friday night one.

A Saturday or Saturday night game would make way more sense from an attendance standpoint. Saturday night would still give you the "BDS under the lights with the ATL skyline" look to the 'cruits.

Yep. If the game was Saturday night I’d be there. Unfortunately I just started a new job and my boss likes to give me things to do at 5pm on Fridays so there’s no way for me to drive 3.5 hours to get there on time. If it was anytime Saturday I would be there and probably stay to watch the Braves Sunday.