#Postgame GTvFSU FSU 41-GT 16

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Tyler Gibson looked decent in his short time. Kenyatta Watson got extended time and was in decent position for the most part.

You just choose to see only the bad.
The sad thing is that we were in decent position all day but failed to finish the play. We were in position to make tackles for losses or knock balls away or have our safeties clean up whiffs by our dB’s only to whiff themselves. On and on and on.

slugboy

Staff member
The tackling in the last two games has regressed. Our defense had been good about not giving up the “big play”, but that’s ended.

It’s hard to say which was more futile—the last half of offense against UVA or the first half against FSU (I lean towards the last half against UVA being worse).

We had 10 days to get ready for UVA, and we didn’t look ready. Then, we had about 10 days to get ready for FSU, and we didn’t look ready on offense.

Some of our defensive coaches will be snapped up for next season, if our next coach doesn’t keep them. I have my doubts about the offensive coaches.

What might be the most frustrating is that for two games we looked like we had the fundamentals and effort going in the right direction. Now, we still look better than the first four games, and we’re good at some things, but we look bad at basic things.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Tech should file a lawsuit against Geoff. How is the backup kicker 9/9 and the starter under Geoff 2/6? Gibson was a mediocre QB in the MAC. How did he get a scholarship? At some point you have to wonder if some things aren't intentional.
74 the freshman rt played in second half

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
D gave up over 600 yards today.
Tackling regressed badly and our DBs have trouble winning contested balls. Bad D strategy having DEs cover running backs on pass plays. D plays good most of the time but at times looks as bad as ever. We do get improved pressure but cannot close the deal with sacks or avoid penalties when do get a critical stop.. Talent difference really on display in this game. But overall our play not as embarrassing like under CGC.