#Postgame GTvFSU FSU 41-GT 16

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
A game plan, and managing the plays your QB can make, are far more important on a weaker team. The play book shrinks and calling the right play at the right time is critical.

We just aren’t good.

The inconsistency of the offense is a pretty good clue that our coaching is not good enough to scheme / plan / game manage around our deficiencies.

Maybe with time, but Collins wore out the patience of the fan base to tolerate too much more ineptitude.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Can someone with knowledge explain to me what we did differently in the offensive line blocking scheme in the second half? Or, did we not do anything different but just execute better?
Nothing. The QB got rid of the ball.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
What do you expect when the offense hasn’t produced a drive over 4 mins in two games and had 31 yards of offense at halftime. We had more offensive penalty yards going into the 3rd quarter than total offense.
The D gave up 340 plus in the first half.
Offensive ineptitude has nothing to do with it. The D stunk today too. Period.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
I have a few unrequested thoughts about the game and atmosphere in the stadium:

1. Go to Doak next time we play FSU down there, seriously. They keep the pageantry of college football alive and have very cool traditions that I was excited to see firsthand. Something that I did not expect was their band playing our fight song as their “welcoming gift” to us before the game. Also, it’s a very beautiful stadium and I met some very friendly FSU fans that I was able to talk with throughout the game. I know some of their fans can rub the wrong way, but the ones I was with today were very cordial and kept things friendly throughout.

2. Zach Pyron is that guy and Zach Gibson is that same guy we saw last week. Gibson is just not that good and he proved that with only being given one drive in the whole game. Pyron is definitely a frosh, but the arm talent is there and so is the mobility. As long as Sims is out, nobody else should get snaps at QB unless the game is already decided. He is the QB of the future and I’m glad we finally got to see him today.

3. It’s not going to matter how good of a QB we have if our O-line can’t block. The second half was much better, but the first half was atrocious. I know FSU has a good d-line, but we couldn’t have blocked them even if they were average. This has to be the first thing the new coach addresses.

4. God Bless Nate McCollum. He is the reason we looked so good today. By far the offensive MVP of the game. He made plays that just made you stare in awe today.

5. The defense that showed up the past few weeks was non-existent today. Outside of two fumbles, they looked awful. BTW NEVER HAVE KEION WHITE COVER A RUNNING BACK EVER AGAIN. Why the heck are you putting him in man coverage?!?!?

6. Stupid penalties and the lack of a third down offense or defense killed us today. It seemed like every time we got something going offensively, a stupid penalty cost us. Same thing defensively. We had multiple chances to pin them deep and flip the field only to give up a dumb penalty or a long third down conversion.

7. The season ain’t over, we can still win a few more games, but both lines have to get better.

8. GO JACKETS!

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I have to say that Pyron looked much better than I thought he would for a true Freshman playing his first game. The play call was so awful in the first half, it severely limited any chance to move the ball. I was glad to see them open the offense in the second half but it was too late at that point. We had gassed our defense by having six three and outs in the first half. The decision to hold Pyron out last week to save a redshirt was utterly useless and monumentally stupid. It pro6 cost Key the slim chance he had of becoming head coach and cost us that game. Hope we can continue to play Pyron. I think he will develop into a very good QB.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I have a few unrequested thoughts about the game and atmosphere in the stadium:

1. Go to Doak next time we play FSU down there, seriously. They keep the pageantry of college football alive and have very cool traditions that I was excited to see firsthand. Something that I did not expect was their band playing our fight song as their “welcoming gift” to us before the game. Also, it’s a very beautiful stadium and I met some very friendly FSU fans that I was able to talk with throughout the game. I know some of their fans can rub the wrong way, but the ones I was with today were very cordial and kept things friendly throughout.

2. Zach Pyron is that guy and Zach Gibson is that same guy we saw last week. Gibson is just not that good and he proved that with only being given one drive in the whole game. Pyron is definitely a frosh, but the arm talent is there and so is the mobility. As long as Sims is out, nobody else should get snaps at QB unless the game is already decided. He is the QB of the future and I’m glad we finally got to see him today.

3. It’s not going to matter how good of a QB we have if our O-line can’t block. The second half was much better, but the first half was atrocious. I know FSU has a good d-line, but we couldn’t have blocked them even if they were average. This has to be the first thing the new coach addresses.

4. God Bless Nate McCollum. He is the reason we looked so good today. By far the offensive MVP of the game. He made plays that just made you stare in awe today.

5. The defense that showed up the past few weeks was non-existent today. Outside of two fumbles, they looked awful. BTW NEVER HAVE KEION WHITE COVER A RUNNING BACK EVER AGAIN. Why the heck are you putting him in man coverage?!?!?

6. Stupid penalties and the lack of a third down offense or defense killed us today. It seemed like every time we got something going offensively, a stupid penalty cost us. Same thing defensively. We had multiple chances to pin them deep and flip the field only to give up a dumb penalty or a long third down conversion.

7. The season ain’t over, we can still win a few more games, but both lines have to get better.

8. GO JACKETS!
Amen, on White (and Kennard) covering running backs. What the ef were thinking?

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
1. Why did this happen? On a percentage basis, please place blame on (my take in parentheses):
  • The OL (40%)
  • OCCL (40%)
  • Inexperienced QB's (10%)
  • Other (10%)
2. Who hired OCCL? And in hindsight, was that a good move, or simply the best we could manage at the time all things considered?
It was a desperate move by G**** C****** to keep his job after the disaster ending to the 2021 season...

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
The defense played a whole game in the first half alone. The offense has to help. It’s physically and emotionally deflating for the defense.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
This was our aw shxx game for our D. But we can still win the next three. The moment was not too big for Zach Pyron. He looked a little impatient on his first series but you could see him getting used to the game speed. He threw some absolute strikes today. Only one bad throw that I can remember. That’s all I can say. I’m an old fan. Been through a lot. Might as well be optimistic.