#Postgame GTvFSU FSU 41-GT 16

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
No. There are a lot of things people think are important that aren't.

True. But let's put that in context. Winning a college football game is one of the singularly most unimportant things necessary for human existence, yet fans put such a premium on it that they throw gobs of money at it that could be much better served almost anywhere else. DMo might or might not be important depending on your particular point of view, but thinking of him as important isn't exactly strange.

slugboy

Staff member
Ooof (Go look on GameOnPaper.com for these stats)
game-ep-401411147.jpg.png

game-wp-401411147.jpg.png

In a lot of areas, we’re better on offense than last week. That’s a low bar, though
Yards per play is bad. That matches what you’d have seen watching the game—you want to have 3rd and 2 much more than 3rd and 6. We just had so many plays where we just got a yard or two.

Key, in the 680 halftime interview said that we weren’t blocking that bad. No comment from me on that.

E9D75A76-3DD5-48AE-9BE1-29FD3C2ED077.jpeg

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
Well glass half full and looking at it with my own two eyes....

1. You all of a sudden got a better situation at QB... A healthy Sims is dynamic enough to be a difference maker all though I find him being very inconsitent at times or slow starter. Pyron once the stupid shackles were removed was very good and honestly may have a more consitent passing ability that could help running game down road if defenses have to not just play 11 in the box.

2. Defense overall has played much improved I personally think the last 2 weeks have just caught up with them and they can't continue to pull Rabbits out of their hats when you keep them on field all game and bad situations...They need a little bailout from offense they were on field way too much in 1st half and basically ran out of gas.

3. A kicker finally personally I would love Pyron got majority of Reps this week with #1 and just see if possible we could manage a offense that has better time of possession and better points per drive average and juat see how our Defense plays when they are not consistently on the field... Chip Long put the ball in your QB hand!!!!

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
Well glass half full and looking at it with my own two eyes....

1. You all of a sudden got a better situation at QB... A healthy Sims is dynamic enough to be a difference maker all though I find him being very inconsitent at times or slow starter. Pyron once the stupid shackles were removed was very good and honestly may have a more consitent passing ability that could help running game down road if defenses have to not just play 11 in the box.

2. Defense overall has played much improved I personally think the last 2 weeks have just caught up with them and they can't continue to pull Rabbits out of their hats when you keep them on field all game and bad situations...They need a little bailout from offense they were on field way too much in 1st half and basically ran out of gas.

3. A kicker finally personally I would love Pyron got majority of Reps this week with #1 and just see if possible we could manage a offense that has better time of possession and better points per drive average and juat see how our Defense plays when they are not consistently on the field... Chip Long put the ball in your QB hand!!!!
I agree with EVERYTHING here. I truly think Pyron should practice with 1s and start next week. I think our D could be solid if we dont leave them out the whole game. And I do believe he could put more points up, IF Long stops the run run pass series’.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Bro calm down. UCONN IS AN FBS TEAM. AKRON IS AN FBS TEAM. UMASS IS AN. FBS TEAM. WE ARE NOT THAT DOWN BAD. Every team experiences growing pains at some point in its history. Some more than others. We’re in a slump. But moving down a level is stupid. We’ve been good before one day we will be good again.
Our new cheer, “Hey, it could be worse!”

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
5-7 best case

VT is a coin toss. We benefit from a 1230 kickoff since we’re on Nickelodeon Ocho

Miami sucks. Should be winnable provided all ten of our fans show up.

UNCheat and U(sic)ga are unlikely.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I look at unc defense 227 in 7 games avg givibg up 32.4 points per game. Maybe the worse defense in the ACC. The question is can our defense hold them.
I just see them as the worse 1 loss team.
I think we match up well. The offense is going to be able to move the ball, and that's going to go a long way toward keeping the defense fresh.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Did the FSU players have vaseline on their uniforms? Many missed tackles that looked like the FSU players just "slipped" through the defender.

Not sure I can believe the defense has improved after today's game.

Per OFEI, FSU was the 26th best offensive team coming into this game. It's their defense that's holding them back.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I didn't watch the entire first half, but from what I saw of Pyron in the second half, he looked great. He moved the ball effectively and did his part to make good decisions. Only a couple throws that were bad, unfortunately the receivers and tight ends were dropping a lot. Jenkins in particular seems to drop at least one a game, and had at least 2 today. Stupid penalties were an issue.

The defense seemed to play fairly well 75% of the time, but then got out-athleted 25% of the time. Guys were usually in position, but just got beat. Not a ton of pressure from the DL, and we missed at least 3 potential turnovers.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I didn't watch the entire first half, but from what I saw of Pyron in the second half, he looked great. He moved the ball effectively and did his part to make good decisions. Only a couple throws that were bad, unfortunately the receivers and tight ends were dropping a lot. Jenkins in particular seems to drop at least one a game, and had at least 2 today. Stupid penalties were an issue.

The defense seemed to play fairly well 75% of the time, but then got out-athleted 25% of the time. Guys were usually in position, but just got beat. Not a ton of pressure from the DL, and we missed at least 3 potential turnovers.
Pyron was accurate while moving around in the pocket.
Should get pt early in vt so Sims Can Rest.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Pyron was accurate while moving around in the pocket.
Should get pt early in vt so Sims Can Rest.
I like Pyron and think in time he could be the best QB we have seen in some time. And I know will sound bad but I hope one game we don't have to play Pryron so he can redshirt this year but still get time in playing games.