Player suspensions

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
So as long as we don’t lose to the South Carolina Upstate #1 or South Carolina Upstate #2 this whole thing may not have too much of an impact on us considering JO would be out anyways.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if he was a friend of CJP or if he just had a soft spot to try and help the guy, but drug addiction in itself is a big problem in which they are very compulsive and can't be trusted with anything. I'm sure CJP learned his lesson.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
I still haven’t seen a public explaination from CJP. I’m a huge fan of his, but he needs to account for this and acknowledge it was his poor judgment and assure us it will not happen again. I blame him much more than the SA.

This guy proved himself as crazy on atleast two occasions and ties were still not cut. He needs to account for such poor judgement.

I imagine he has already had a number of conversations that included that subject.

CJP befriended him at one time and he became a tar baby. Ron's bell has been rung and is now history. Time to move on.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
I still haven’t seen a public explaination from CJP. I’m a huge fan of his, but he needs to account for this and acknowledge it was his poor judgment and assure us it will not happen again. I blame him much more than the SA.

This guy proved himself as crazy on atleast two occasions and ties were still not cut. He needs to account for such poor judgement.

I expect their were closed door conversations with the AD about this. I would not expect a public airing.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't expect CJP to answer to the fans, that is not his job. I do expect that he has to answer to the AD and President. Given the public responses from both the AD and President and the fact there was a month between when GT was aware of the violations and when they went public, I expect there were serious conversations between those 3 during that time period.

Given both the public statements by GT and the lack of additional penalties by the NCAA, it appears both are satisfied with his explanations.

It was clearly bad decisions by Pastner, hopefully he has learned a valuable lesson.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I don't expect CJP to answer to the fans, that is not his job. I do expect that he has to answer to the AD and President. Given the public responses from both the AD and President and the fact there was a month between when GT was aware of the violations and when they went public, I expect there were serious conversations between those 3 during that time period.

Given both the public statements by GT and the lack of additional penalties by the NCAA, it appears both are satisfied with his explanations.

It was clearly bad decisions by Pastner, hopefully he has learned a valuable lesson.
This makes sense. I am surprised at those on the board who are saying Pastner owes us an explanation. Might be nice of him, but he clearly has not thrown his players under the bus, so I am fine with closing the book on this whole matter.

msargent1

Jolly Good Fellow
This makes sense. I am surprised at those on the board who are saying Pastner owes us an explanation. Might be nice of him, but he clearly has not thrown his players under the bus, so I am fine with closing the book on this whole matter.

I agree. While it might make good reality TV, from a PR/legal perspective there is no reason to keep this alive by further commenting on the situation. Also, it appears to me that Pastner was trying to do the right thing ... pushing this guy away from the program. That's obvious from the Parrish interview and the guy's reaction to access being removed (Pastner was to busy to talk with me, etc.).