Player suspensions

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I think you need a lesson in reading comprehension. And maybe go back to third grade. I don’t think I’m owed anything and never said such. I do want to know why this poisonous person was allowed such access to the team.

I want to know why this self proclaimed drug addict, convict was allowed to be around the SA. I think CJP owes an explaination for introducing this scum to GT and bringing him aboard GT.

I still haven’t seen a public explaination from CJP.

Maybe you are the one who needs a lesson in expression what you mean if you think either of those statements don't come off as sounding like you are entitled to an explanation.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
may be time to close this thread. why give ron more air time than he deserves?

the punishment has been given. cjp and the hill have each made a statement.

time to forget-about-it

I agree. I’m being forced to read this thread at least twice a day, and I’m sure I must have better things to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
I will defer to jumpan but it sounds like Ron has been providing more stuff and the show is not over?? I think it will be up to the NCAA but I would not be surprised if you see something else happen to a jackson and okogie. I don’t have a lot of details. Just understand that the story but not be over.

jumpman- you have any additional insight?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I will defer to jumpan but it sounds like Ron has been providing more stuff and the show is not over?? I think it will be up to the NCAA but I would not be surprised if you see something else happen to a jackson and okogie. I don’t have a lot of details. Just understand that the story but not be over.

jumpman- you have any additional insight?

Wait, what are you talking about? Where are you getting this from?

ETA: I'm not attacking you, just asking. Your source may be flawed.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Wait, what are you talking about? Where are you getting this from?

ETA: I'm not attacking you, just asking. Your source may be flawed.

He claimed some stuff on GPs show but I have seen zero regarding THWRB since. The world has moved on without him.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He claimed some stuff on GPs show but I have seen zero regarding THWRB since. The world has moved on without him.

Meaning subsequent to the initial interview? Sorry for my ignorance, I chose not to listen to it. I didn't need more incentive to strangle the guy.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Meaning subsequent to the initial interview? Sorry for my ignorance, I chose not to listen to it. I didn't need more incentive to strangle the guy.
I know during the interview he said their benefits were a lot more because he purchased groceries and meals for them while they were in Arizona... also he has a girlfriend and is rich

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I know during the interview he said their benefits were a lot more because he purchased groceries and meals for them while they were in Arizona... also he has a girlfriend and is rich

Wait, and a girlfriend? Shiiii, we dealin' with a bad-a** here. I say back-off and cut our losses now. :bag:

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer

I know they're protected but could CLM be referring to more tweets? Haven't heard anything about them.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
You're wrong because you're acting like a pretentious jack... who believes he's somehow personally owed something from the coach. Pastner doesn't owe you anything. He doesn't owe me anything. The people he owes an explanation to have almost certainly long had that explanation.

sorry but i donjt agree with your post. most here will attest to the fact that i am a huge supporter of the team and the coaches of all our sports. i try to be as positive as i can be.

the reason i dont buy your EXCUSE is because i/we/you/all the fans/aa are the ones that make the program possible and help pay josh's salary and the salary of all the coaches for that matter.

the next time you make a gaff at work and your boss asks you what happened.... i want to hear you tell him its none of his business... you owe him no explanation.

having said that i do believe that the situation is self explanatory. cjp was helping an addict and he got bit for being kind. it happens every single day. ask the parents of addicts if they havent been burned by the addict many many times. why make things worse and drag all involved through more mud by making statements that are left to interpretation. its not going to fix the situation.

so i guess my point is the situation needs no further clarification. its as clear as day what happened. im sure tstan has given cjp the 'word' so we need to put this to bed. BUT that doesnt mean that cpj doesent owe us explanations if they are warranted.

just my opinion.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
having said that i do believe that the situation is self explanatory. cjp was helping an addict and he got bit for being kind. it happens every single day. ask the parents of addicts if they havent been burned by the addict many many times. why make things worse and drag all involved through more mud by making statements that are left to interpretation. its not going to fix the situation.

so i guess my point is the situation needs no further clarification. its as clear as day what happened. im sure tstan has given cjp the 'word' so we need to put this to bed. BUT that doesnt mean that cpj doesent owe us explanations if they are warranted.

just my opinion.

I do think this is probably what happened.

I deal with drug addicts a lot in my line of work. I don't have a problem with helping them, but in a way where you don't expose yourself. Actually trying to help a family member with a drug addict daughter right now. Doesn't help when you constantly bail the drug addict out of trouble. But this guy really seems like a sick sociopath.

I am really sorry I ruffled so many feathers. Seems some on this board are very sensitive about this, which is kind of mind-boggling to me. I just don't want this mistake to happen again. I'm sure it won't.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
sorry but i donjt agree with your post. most here will attest to the fact that i am a huge supporter of the team and the coaches of all our sports. i try to be as positive as i can be.

the reason i dont buy your EXCUSE is because i/we/you/all the fans/aa are the ones that make the program possible and help pay josh's salary and the salary of all the coaches for that matter.

the next time you make a gaff at work and your boss asks you what happened.... i want to hear you tell him its none of his business... you owe him no explanation.

just my opinion.
I too would like a more thorough explanation... because it is unsettling this happened to CJP and the program. However, in this case... my wanting an explanation is not near enough to justify one. If you weigh the risk/cost v the benefit of a "full" account/explanation from CJP to "us"... the benefit is quite small relative to the cost. Any future public statement from the coach or administration to clarify the parts we consider need to be clarified would open the door for someone (i.e. media) to reach back out to this idiot (Bell) for "comment". ...and I think we'd all agree we are not interested in any of his comments.

So... I am perfectly fine with this just ending without me getting any further information. Like others here, I trust CJP has had to provide a full explanation to his boss(es). I also trust they have responded with an appropriate admonition (if any) of the coach based on the facts has they've reviewed them.