1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Player suspensions

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by CLM, Oct 24, 2017.

1. CLM

CLM Ramblin' Wreck

Works for the school and was in a meeting where I believe President Peterson made mention of it. Was unsure if there would be any further pentalities.

2. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

I'm sorry I'm not sorry.

Pres. Peterson, huh? Yep, your source sucks. :D

gtpi and GTNavyNuke like this.
  3. orientalnc

orientalnc Helluva Engineer

I find it difficult to believe anyone in the administration is casually discussing potential penalties in staff meetings.

GTNavyNuke likes this.
  4. CLM

CLM Ramblin' Wreck

Yea better to say just in passing.

5. CLM

CLM Ramblin' Wreck

I don’t read much into it. Jumpan has been spot on so I was just asking. Didn’t want to alarm anyone. I want them on the court today. The game was hard to watch on Sunday.

6. YlJacket

YlJacket Helluva Engineer

Like you I do a lot of work with drug addiction and have it inside my family. I will point out what I think you know - that when you know someone is an addict/has been an addict, you really scrutinize their actions to see if they have evidence of a return to drug use. Actions, eyes, demeanor, etc. You are quick to notice those things and make corrective actions/sever ties/whatever is appropriate. As long as you don't see that you try to make them feel included and ready to go forward. Help them. You may not be looking incredibly closely at broader personality types of issues.

This situation though doesn't sound like a drug issue but a more fundamental issue with character/personality that he couldn't put up with some new rules that were introduced as GT/CJP tried to make the line between him and GT more clearly defined. He then went off the deep end but it wasn't to the best of what we know drug induced. Now you can make a case that an addictive personality has issues but I know multiple addicts that as long as they are not on alcohol/drugs are salt of the earth and don't need to be worried about. If they come with bloodshot eyes or slurred speech I will shut the door on them. Possibly forever.

In this case I don't see how the blanket "never deal with an addict" statement can stand up to scrutiny. If you want to switch it to CJP should have known his general personality was incredibly vindictive then OK - knock yourself out. But it doesn't seem that this was an issue of addiction relapse that wasn't detected or caused the issue.

7. Peacone36

Peacone36 ACCBasketballReport.com Contributing Writer

There will be no apologies. We’re adults. Real talk. Big boy pants, all that

Bruce Wayne and collegeballfan like this.
  8. JacketFromUGA

JacketFromUGA Helluva Engineer

Well I'm sorry you feel that way.

9. collegeballfan

collegeballfan Helluva Engineer

Yeah! If you get hurt feelings from words, well gtswarm probably ain't the place for you. Everyone on here gets eviscerated now and then.

10. Peacone36

Thats a bit extreme. I just dont think Pastner really owes us anything. @kg01 knows that i dont think he is one of those silly soft millennials.

CHE90 likes this.
  11. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

This is totally an apology.

12. gtpi

gtpi Helluva Engineer

i was kidding! and im not really interested in what kind of pants etc you wear OR NOT. way tmi.

Peacone36 likes this.
  13. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 We Suck

UMMMMMMMMMMMMM..........

14. CLM

CLM Ramblin' Wreck

See there was something else. Just a different player. Guess maybe we will find out if it was related to that guy one Justin Moore at some point

15. Jumpman

Jumpman Helluva Engineer

As I said, this has nothing to do with Ron Bell, Tadric, or Josh.

16. CLM

CLM Ramblin' Wreck

Can I ask why we are having all these seperate issues for?

17. gtuberfan

gtuberfan Helluva Engineer

I'd assume Pastner is being a stickler and making sure we can't be burned for anything in the future, regardless of how minor. I wouldn't worry about this at all

18. smathis30

smathis30 Helluva Engineer

Honest question do we get Tadric back Friday? I know our last two games aren't part of a "showdown" and not Technically speaking "real" games (for the sake of scheduling). So is he at 2 games (UCLA + showdown) or 3 (every game counts as one)

19. Peacone36

He’s back

GTNavyNuke and smathis30 like this.
  20. crut

crut Helluva Engineer

@Jumpman Heard rumors that GTBB is going to eventually make a more elaborate release on details regarding all of the scandals (Okogie/Tadric, Labarrie, Moore). Do you know if there is any truth to this? And when this might be?

I think most everyone is still clamoring for more transparency about these issues and many casual fans who don't follow online forums are a bit apprehensive about everything given the lack of details.

Jim Prather likes this.