Player suspensions

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Although I know the myriad of reasons why this can't happen, wouldn't it be classic if he had a press conference where he just laid into this "Ron" guy?

CPast turns to the camera all, "And as for you, Ron. I took you oughta the crackhouse and I'll put yer arse right. Back. In it!"

Ah man, this is why we should've signed with BBBrand. Lavar would know what to do. Right, @Peacone36 ?

Seriously though, just let this die. Let Ron's nonsensical ramblings continue to paint him in a negative light with no response from us.

Let Gary Parrish do the 'where are they now' story on @GTbball2016 -er- Ron from the halfway house in 2 months.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
I think it is kinda lame as he talks about the mistakes the kids make but he doesn’t own up to the mistake he made. I was always under the belief, that men admit to their mistakes. My bad. But alright I guess I’m in the wrong for that. Sorry to ruffle everyone’s feathers.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I think it is kinda lame as he talks about the mistakes the kids make but he doesn’t own up to the mistake he made. I was always under the belief, that men admit to their mistakes. My bad. But alright I guess I’m in the wrong for that. Sorry to ruffle everyone’s feathers.
.....do women not need to admit mistakes?

serious though he doesn't answer to you. You aren't his boss.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow

My advice: drop it. Josh knows he made a mistake. This guy (Ron Bell) was a huge cancer but CJP tried to help another human being, and (obviously) it backfired. Big time. Josh knows it. Ron is history. Don't look back.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

You're wrong because you're acting like a pretentious jack... who believes he's somehow personally owed something from the coach. Pastner doesn't owe you anything. He doesn't owe me anything. The people he owes an explanation to have almost certainly long had that explanation.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I am sure CJP has admitted to the mistake to people who have approached him about it, even alums/boosters. But he has deigned to do so through the media and in public. This could easily be because he is a nice guy and prefers to not have to call befriending Bell a mistake to the general public. He may say something oblique along those lines, but also given the way the Bell has reacted to what he considered slights already, it may be wise to avoid making more in public.

Last edited:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You're wrong because you're acting like a pretentious jack... who believes he's somehow personally owed something from the coach. Pastner doesn't owe you anything. He doesn't owe me anything. The people he owes an explanation to have almost certainly long had that explanation.

I won't go so far as to call the poster names and such. However, I'm kind of in the middle on the issue. I don't think he owes a public apology or w/e. Mainly because the issue just needs to die publicly.

But I think if he kinda leaves it at, "Ah, nobody broke the law ....", that kinda feels like he's being flippant. In reality, I'm sure he's not and that it's been dealt with on a more serious level.

I dunno. I guess, while I don't agree with @motynes , I also don't fault him for wanting more.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I think that this is clearly evidence that something is still up. I mean, when have we ever known CJP to say the same thing in the same words multiple times in a single press conference or interview.

.....do women not need to admit mistakes?

serious though he doesn't answer to you. You aren't his boss.

For the sake of clarity, he didn't say that men "need to admit mistakes" but that "men admit mistakes." TIFWIW

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow

I think you need a lesson in reading comprehension. And maybe go back to third grade. I don’t think I’m owed anything and never said such. I do want to know why this poisonous person was allowed such access to the team. I think Pastner owes a lot of people an explanation and owes his players not to throw them under the bus, which is what it looks like he did. Your reaction makes it seem like there is more to it then meets the eye.

It is plain wrong to have a guy like that around with inside access to a program and then simply point the finger at the players. Most GT fans seem to ride on their high horse and throw stones at UGA and others for being cheats. When you wear the white hat, you must do everything above board. That is one reasons why Hugh Freeze is being rightfullly crucified. He was a hypocrite. I’m not saying CJP is the same as him. But there is some hypocrisy afoot. May not be a ton, but there is some.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
I think you need a lesson in reading comprehension. And maybe go back to third grade. I don’t think I’m owed anything and never said such. I do want to know why this poisonous person was allowed such access to the team. I think Pastner owes a lot of people an explanation and owes his players not to throw them under the bus, which is what it looks like he did. Your reaction makes it seem like there is more to it then meets the eye.

It is plain wrong to have a guy like that around with inside access to a program and then simply point the finger at the players. Most GT fans seem to ride on their high horse and throw stones at UGA and others for being cheats. When you wear the white hat, you must do everything above board. That is one reasons why Hugh Freeze is being rightfullly crucified. He was a hypocrite. I’m not saying CJP is the same as him. But there is some hypocrisy afoot. May not be a ton, but there is some.
Well CJP isn’t a cheater and he didn’t cheat. He also didn’t throw his players under the bus. The person who supplied the benefits to the players did so on his own because his ego was bruised due to Pastner not taking his side in a dispute. Now, I do agree that he should not have been around due to his record and his past pharmaceutical usage. However, he never exhibited this behavior before or even came close to anything like this.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer

I think some of the interpretation of your tone is because this is the internet and all we have are the words at face value. The problem with CJP apologizing in public is it is a no win situation. Look how Ron acted when the school said he wasn't affiliated with the school in any way. It's feeding a real live troll who has money and a grilfriend. Also admitting to being wrong in public etc makes CJP look weak and not in control of the team which hurts recruiting. Playing it off as not a big deal publicly while actually doing something about the problem (apologizing to SAs, parents, AD, and President) privately is really the only way this can play out. The elephant in the room here is CJP earned himself some rope because of last season. If we didn't win a single ACC game (like we were supposed to) I think there would be significantly more backlash from the fans about this incident. If this is the only incident we have with our players I can chalk it up to an honest mistake. Call it hypocrisy if you want, I won't even fight you on that.

Also as far as apologizing to the parents, I'm fine with that because the guy was around the program because CJP let him be there, but WTH were the parents thinking about these trips? You are going to Arizona during the summer and staying at some rich old guy's (with a girlfriend) house? That's not the time to visit AZ and how are you getting there? Maybe I just had parents who asked me too many questions or maybe I told mine too much of the truth. Not saying it's on the parents at all, but I would have had some questions and opinions if it was my kid

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer

Can you elaborate on why you believe he threw the players under the bus?