Jolly Good Fellow
does anyone know what this is about?

Attachments

• B2ADC835-1055-477A-B485-9DF6DB7C360D.png
    B2ADC835-1055-477A-B485-9DF6DB7C360D.png
    357 KB · Views: 560

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
Is this actually true? Josh O and Tadrick? And what did they do? If they are suspended then why is this not a bigger deal?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Is this actually true? Josh O and Tadrick? And what did they do? If they are suspended then why is this not a bigger deal?

We're in wait-and-see mode. No need to panic (or put too much out publicly) unnecessarily.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
If Kelly asked Pastner and Pastner didn't deny it, there's definitely something going on. Doesn't necessarily mean they are suspended, but strong possibility IMO.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If Kelly asked Pastner and Pastner didn't deny it, there's definitely something going on. Doesn't necessarily mean they are suspended, but strong possibility IMO.

Hopefully it means that our lawyers are considering whether to bring legal action against the bozo that set them up.

With all of the recent hubbub about the NCAA scandal, didn't we learn that purposely doing something that you know will cause one to be ineligible is fraud.

If he created a custom shoe (as I have heard mentioned) and gave it to these guys knowing that he was going to report them, didn't he purposely defraud them??

Yes, I know that I am reaching now, but I just really hope that douche (RB) gets what is coming him.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully it means that our lawyers are considering whether to bring legal action against the bozo that set them up.

With all of the recent hubbub about the NCAA scandal, didn't we learn that purposely doing something that you know will cause one to be ineligible is fraud.

If he created a custom shoe (as I have heard mentioned) and gave it to these guys knowing that he was going to report them, didn't he purposely defraud them??

Yes, I know that I am reaching now, but I just really hope that douche (RB) gets what is coming him.

Why are our players taking anything from a stranger anyhow? Especially one trying to push apparel on them.

Hopefully there's a good explanation and our staff is just being extra triple bonded cautious about everything.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
As a contributor to the AT fund I am a GT booster. I am not a uga booster. The first question GTAA wants to clarify is whether scumbag counts as a booster.

Extra Benefits (Current Student-Atheletes) – Rules for Staff Members
16.02.3 Extra Benefit
An extra benefit is any special arrangement by an institutional employee or a representative of the institution's athletics interests to provide a student-athlete or the student-athlete's relative or friend a benefit not expressly authorized by NCAA legislation. Receipt of a benefit by student-athletes or their relatives or friends is not a violation of NCAA legislation if it is demonstrated that the same benefit is generally available to the institution's students or their relatives or friends or to a particular segment of the student body (e.g., foreign students, minority students) determined on a basis unrelated to athletics ability.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Why are our players taking anything from a stranger anyhow? Especially one trying to push apparel on them.

Hopefully there's a good explanation and our staff is just being extra triple bonded cautious about everything.

The guy is in the locker room, he’s at practice. He’s a well known personality around the team. Confused him with someone that could be trusted I’m sure.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The guy is in the locker room, he’s at practice. He’s a well known personality around the team. Confused him with someone that could be trusted I’m sure.

Ehh...I would figure our athletes would ask the staff or our compliance department if they're allowed to keep something regardless if some dude hangs around the locker a lot. Especially if the shoe has a unicorn on it and not a swoosh or three stripes.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I saw JA had some custom Jordan 11's on. Now I know anyone can get shoes custom made but the **** isn't cheap. Not saying that's the case or implying Alvarado was involved. Maybe he's a sneaker head like me. Just stating what I see in instagram pics.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
This is not good.

If you’re the NCAA doesn’t logic dictate that this is a shady action from a shady guy?

“I offered these kids a pair of customized shoes and they took them so I gave you guys a call”

It seems stupid to me. Throw em in a barrel and burn the ****ing things, ban this jackleg from campus and lets get on with our day.

Deleted member 2897

I am no lawyer, but I believe the word you are looking for is entrapment.

That's a shady practice in law enforcement where an agent induces a person to commit a criminal offence that the person would have otherwise been unlikely to commit.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don't tell nobody what to do but I really don't think we should be talking about this in an open forum.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I am no lawyer, but I believe the word you are looking for is entrapment.

That's a shady practice in law enforcement where an agent induces a person to commit a criminal offence that the person would have otherwise been unlikely to commit.

It was also a movie with Catherine Zeta Jones testing the limits of a pair of yoga pants