Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
One more time, what scheme and when has Tech brought in hoards of 4-5 star skill players? Do you want to compete against the Clemsons, GAs, Bamas etc for the same 4-5 stars players they're after?
And compete with Tennessee also who is now recruiting heavily in Georgia with head coach Jeremy Pruitt. GT will probably always have to make due with 2-3 star players with a 4-5 star player from time to time:cigar:

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah if only we had the same funding as those schools we wouldn't fumble the ball 6 times. With more funding do you think that would allow CPJ to let us run a two minute offense when down 3 TDs?

We have more funding than USF, I guess that's the school you left out. Why did we lose to them?
We don't have more funding than USF. The athletic department at Tech has more funding than USF athletic department because we have way more sports. In football, however, they outspend us.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Satterfield doesn't have any P5 experience and only 3 years of experience anywhere other than App State. Thats a huge gamble for a hire that has to, at worst, get us to 7-5 consistently to keep our football program at least somewhat relevant. We aren't in the same position we were in after 07 where we could afford to whiff.

It is going to be a gamble no matter which way we go, whether it is an up and comer or a P5 assistant. If we want someone with P5 head coaching experience, we are going to be limited to candidates with mixed results like Strong or Lane (if he would consider us). Cant be afraid to take a risk. There is no "perfect" candidate.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah but the Sunbelt is full of programs that only moved up to FBS in the last decade. Georgia Southern, State, North Texas, Coastal Carolina. He did well, but he was also doing it against a pretty even playing field.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Since this is a huge decision right now I thought it would be interesting to see who people would actually want. BTW this will more than likely be for after the 2021 season unless something really unexpected happens imo. I took names from what I’ve seen people post plus the one who I’d like the most.
Decision was meant to be discussion lol.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Not P5 head coaching experience necessarily but at least an assistant, preferably a coordinator. Satterfield has never even been a position coach in a major program. G5 and P5 is such a huge difference that I don't think you can look at someone that has zero experience.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
It is going to be a gamble no matter which way we go, whether it is an up and comer or a P5 assistant. If we want someone with P5 head coaching experience, we are going to be limited to candidates with mixed results like Strong or Lane (if he would consider us). Cant be afraid to take a risk. There is no "perfect" candidate.
Or Derek Mason if he's fired from Vanderbilt or even Bobby Petrino if he's canned by Louisville in December. Those are two retreads that might come to GT. Another retread that it might be possible for GT to hire would be former Falcons and UCLA head football coach Jim Mora Jr who has a 46-30 college football record.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Or Derek Mason if he's fired from Vanderbilt or even Bobby Petrino if he's canned by Louisville in December. Those are two retreads that might come to GT. Another retread that it might be possible for GT to hire would be former Falcons and UCLA head football coach Jim Mora Jr who has a 46-30 college football record.

Hell no to Booby, why would you want a coach with a pitiful winning% in Mason?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Not P5 head coaching experience necessarily but at least an assistant, preferably a coordinator. Satterfield has never even been a position coach in a major program. G5 and P5 is such a huge difference that I don't think you can look at someone that has zero experience.

Eh, I think going from a coordinator to a head coach is just as much, if not more of a transition than going from G5 to P5. No guarantee of success either way, but hey, that's why it's fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.