Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
It would help to have an offense that kids want to play in. Our defensive recruiting would also improve because there wouldn't be the stigma of practicing against an option offense (even though that isn't true).

Would our recruiting improve significantly? Probably not. But it would definitely improve.

The tradeoff is we would lose all the advantages of running our unique offense. Unfortunately those advantages are hard to see these days.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

There’s a small town in Wyoming where all the men are strong and all the women are good looking. The high school graduates 35 5 star athletes a year, and they all go on to study engineering. If only we had a national recruiting program to reach this Utopia, we would be saved.

Look, recruiting is hard. I’m all for expanding the net. But we are irrelevant as soon as you step off the sidewalk on North Ave.

Deleted member 2897

It would help to have an offense that kids want to play in. Our defensive recruiting would also improve because there wouldn't be the stigma of practicing against an option offense (even though that isn't true).

Would our recruiting improve significantly? Probably not. But it would definitely improve.

The tradeoff is we would lose all the advantages of running our unique offense. Unfortunately those advantages are hard to see these days.

Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn’t. It’s not like the people before CPJ recruited better. And you’re basically saying some of the stigma is not even true...so we should significantly change our program because of false information? I mean maybe we need to make changes. But by God don’t ever make huge changes off of known, proveable false information.

In other words all you have is speculation.

On a side note have you ever met PJ? Talked to him?

More than speculation. Recruits don't want to play in this offense so a new one could only help. And CPJ's reputation is a guy who is snarky to the media, so that's not mere speculation on my part.

I've not met him though I do have eligibility left. Maybe I should give him a call? Not sure 50 yr old ex-WRs are in demand though. o_O:eek::D

A young, energetic coach would absolutely improve recruiting. CPJ has never put a big emphasis on it, and has mentioned many times how he thinks the rankings are not worth crap. He just doesn't have the personality of a recruiter, or someone who tries to sell the program or hype it up at all.

Coming from a place like Navy, it's understandable. Navy has severe limitations to recruiting, given the various military requirements and its own lifestyle that some kids simply refuse to attend. OTOH, there are plenty of HS athletes who are dying to go the a service academy regardless of who is coach so the place recruits itself.

At Southern, he picked up whatever the mutts and GT left behind so again, not very difficult to recruit there either.

Deleted member 2897

More than speculation. Recruits don't want to play in this offense so a new one could only help. And CPJ's reputation is a guy who is snarky to the media, so that's not mere speculation on my part.

I've not met him though I do have eligibility left. Maybe I should give him a call? Not sure 50 yr old ex-WRs are in demand though. o_O:eek::D

Some recruits don’t want to play in Miami’s system either. Or Georgia’s. Or UNCs. So what. You play whatever system gives you the best chance to win.

If we line up against Clemson ready to play them with their own RPO spread offense, I’m guessing that wouldn’t turn out too hot either.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn’t. It’s not like the people before CPJ recruited better. And you’re basically saying some of the stigma is not even true...so we should significantly change our program because of false information? I mean maybe we need to make changes. But by God don’t ever make huge changes off of known, proveable false information.
But perception is reality. And that false information is clearly hurting our program.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Since this is a huge decision right now I thought it would be interesting to see who people would actually want. BTW this will more than likely be for after the 2021 season unless something really unexpected happens imo. I took names from what I’ve seen people post plus the one who I’d like the most.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

Snarky to media, in certain cases yes he is. But to recruits? I highly doubt it. Having talked to him on several occasions he is witty, has a wonderful sense of humor and very engaging. IMO this is who he is and what the recruits and families see. I keep hearing the offense is a hindrance without backup other than anecdotal so I really don't think too much of that either way. If an offense change would lead to hoards of 4-5 stars skill players then by all means let's change!

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Since this is a huge decision right now I thought it would be interesting to see who people would actually want. BTW this will more than likely be for after the 2021 season unless something really unexpected happens imo. I took names from what I’ve seen people post plus the one who I’d like the most.
After the 2021 season ? I think GT may lose a lot of fans if that’s the case

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

You forgot to give us a "none of the above" option ;)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Josh Huepel was my pick for what’s it’s worth. Followed by Satterfield then Whisenhunt then Brown. Reason I pick Huepel is because of his P5 experience, and a fun offense. He’s also coached a Heisman winner QB and took a Missouri offense from being ranked in the 90’s to the top 15 in 1 year. QB’s have done really well under him and I really like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.