Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I am afraid that we are stuck with Coach Johnson for a while because of financial restraints. The best thing to do is to support the program, encourage the players, ask for more resources for recruiting and see what happens. Maybe he will right the ship. That is why I voted that he is here through the 2020 season. IIWII

Johnson does not have an expensive buyout comparatively speaking, and to say we are in financial restraints and then to turn around and ask for more resources for recruiting is contrary to one another. The best resource for recruiting will be a better recruiting head coach.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Collins is probably the most realistic choice. He's from Atlanta, he's been a GA, coach, and Player Personnel guy at Tech. Successful DC at Mississippi State and Florida. Hopefully he has success at Temple which is a tough academic school to show he can do it. My big knock on him is the "swag chalice" and "SWAG Coordinator" stuff. I think recruiting players with that angle isn't going to work in the long run because I think it will be hard retaining kids when you pitch them "swag" and then they get hit with the reality of Tech. Hopefully he just does that crap because it works for the situations he's in and he can adapt to what works here.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Johnson does not have an expensive buyout comparatively speaking, and to say we are in financial restraints and then to turn around and ask for more resources for recruiting is contrary to one another. The best resource for recruiting will be a better recruiting head coach.
If CPJ is fired before the 2019 season he'll be paid a prorated portion of 1 million plus 2 million to cover 2019 and 2020. This is pretty darn reasonable:cool:

First, none of the coaches are coming here. Second, if you want a big name coach, get your check books out as we need about 5 million a year to get one. But fact is it isn't going to happen. App State Coach is on his way to UNC after this year. Charlie Strong, really....not. After CPJ retires, either Bohannon or Monken. That is what we need.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
First, none of the coaches are coming here. Second, if you want a big name coach, get your check books out as we need about 5 million a year to get one. But fact is it isn't going to happen. App State Coach is on his way to UNC after this year. Charlie Strong, really....not. After CPJ retires, either Bohannon or Monken. That is what we need.
No option offense head football coaches:rolleyes:

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

Just kill the program and drop out of D1.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

If you say none of them are coming here, you must believe that not only are we the worst P5 job, but we are worse than several G5 jobs. Dang, if we are that bad, maybe Monken wont even take it.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Brett Bielema as long as he hires George Godsey as the OC to run a Friedgen like system and retains Nate Woody as DC.

If we can start landing some big nasties on the defensive line on signing day, I have some optimism in what Woody is trying to accomplish. The defense has looked better.

Bielema doesn't like to show mercy to opponents either.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Brett Bielema as long as he hires George Godsey as the OC to run a Friedgen like system and retains Nate Woody as DC.

If we can start landing some big nasties on the defensive line, I have some optimism in what Woody is trying to accomplish. The defense has looked better.

Key & Goose is better.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

If we can start landing some big nasties on the defensive line, I have some optimism in what Woody is trying to accomplish. The defense has looked better.

Bret Bielema brought suck to a whole new level at Arkansas:vomit: No Way No How;)

Status
Not open for further replies.