Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snarky to media, in certain cases yes he is. But to recruits? I highly doubt it. Having talked to him on several occasions he is witty, has a wonderful sense of humor and very engaging. IMO this is who he is and what the recruits and families see. I keep hearing the offense is a hindrance without backup other than anecdotal so I really don't think too much of that either way. If an offense change would lead to hoards of 4-5 stars skill players then by all means let's change!

all we know for a fact is that this offense doesn't bring in hoards of 4-5 star skill players. Keeping this scheme ensures many, many more years just like this one.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Satterfield doesn't have any P5 experience and only 3 years of experience anywhere other than App State. Thats a huge gamble for a hire that has to, at worst, get us to 7-5 consistently to keep our football program at least somewhat relevant. We aren't in the same position we were in after 07 where we could afford to whiff.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
all we know for a fact is that this offense doesn't bring in hoards of 4-5 star skill players. Keeping this scheme ensures many, many more years just like this one.

One more time, what scheme and when has Tech brought in hoards of 4-5 star skill players? Do you want to compete against the Clemsons, GAs, Bamas etc for the same 4-5 stars players they're after?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Because he's the best of the up and coming head coaches,in my opinion,and i think he would do well at Georgia Tech;) I think that GT will be hiring an up and coming head coach or an assistant from a school like Clemson or Alabama;)

But what about him and how he handles a program do you think will translate to Tech for him to be successful? Simply because he has a winning record doesn't convince me he's a viable candidate

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I agree he's been successful at App St but why do you think he would be a good choice for Tech?
I think that he would be good because his offensive system has some elements of what we do. He would also probably keep Woody which is a huge plus imo. Satterfield also took a program from the FCS to the FBS and has continually had 9+ win seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.