Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Check out @AcunaDingers’s Tweet: Opinions?? Personally I don't like the Sattersfield we looking at him but it is what it is Leach surprised me what do y'all think??

Not sure Mike Leach would fit in at GT, but LOVE the Air Raid offense. You know how I always say there's other offenses out there that helps with talent disparity besides CPJ's flex option? Well, Air Raid is DEFINITELY one of those type of offenses. Air Raid concepts have infiltrated every level of football, and a good percentage of teams in college are using some variation of Air Raid plays in their offense. This is a great read:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-tiny-iowa-college-that-changed-the-nfl-1540304231

Still waiting for someone to marry the Air Raid with flex option. The coach that does that will rule football.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Those are the players that CPJ recruited, coached and decided who will start. They may be "unable" but it is on CPJ.

Recruiting is a completely different - and much more complicated - issue. The reason CPJ doesn’t run more plays from his playbook to confound opposing defenses, however, is simply because the starters we now have cannot execute them for one reason or another.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Not sure Mike Leach would fit in at GT, but LOVE the Air Raid offense. You know how I always say there's other offenses out there that helps with talent disparity besides CPJ's flex option? Well, Air Raid is DEFINITELY one of those type of offenses. Air Raid concepts have infiltrated every level of football, and a good percentage of teams in college are using some variation of Air Raid plays in their offense. This is a great read:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-tiny-iowa-college-that-changed-the-nfl-1540304231

Still waiting for someone to marry the Air Raid with flex option. The coach that does that will rule football.

The air raid can be blended w run.

In 92,3,4 we ran it in hs (and I and option). The hs coach added the air raid from Briles at stephenville. I think leach was running it at Texas tech. The 93 team had a great d to go with it and got close to state. We could open up to get ahead and then run to burn clock. The 94 qb - b j Simmons went to texas tech - 700 yds passing in one game.
I was at 2012 baylor #6 beats Oklahoma- 63 to 60. Down but not out baylor kept scoring . As good as the orange bowl 14. The opposing defense had no idea what was about to happen.
Briles really screwed that up.

Must have several burner w r , a couple of tall wr and qb thzt has an arm

While I still love the option, the rules on legal holding pass blocking are hard to pass up.

Also the sewak ol has never been dominant.
I am tired of waiting !!

I am sure the benching lee and Bryan and he playing the kids will continue so it looks like we wont be screwed next year when Bryan and marshall leave.

2018 its time-
If he can we finish w 4 wins of the last 5 and play the kids, it will save his job.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The air raid can be blended w run.

In 92,3,4 we ran it in hs (and I and option). The hs coach added the air raid from Briles at stephenville. I think leach was running it at Texas tech. The 93 team had a great d to go with it and got close to state. We could open up to get ahead and then run to burn clock. The 94 qb - b j Simmons went to texas tech - 700 yds passing in one game.
I was at 2012 baylor #6 beats Oklahoma- 63 to 60. Down but not out baylor kept scoring . As good as the orange bowl 14. The opposing defense had no idea what was about to happen.
Briles really screwed that up.

Must have several burner w r , a couple of tall wr and qb thzt has an arm

While I still love the option, the rules on legal holding pass blocking are hard to pass up.

Also the sewak ol has never been dominant.
I am tired of waiting !!

I am sure the benching lee and Bryan and he playing the kids will continue so it looks like we wont be screwed next year when Bryan and marshall leave.

2018 its time-
If he can we finish w 4 wins of the last 5 and play the kids, it will save his job.

Imaginative coaches can blend myriad schemes and concepts...just have to be willing to take the chance.

I also like Briles system. If we had the money, and we were OK taking someone with not such a sterling reputation, I would hire a CEO type coach (like Mike Macintyre at Colorado) and hire Briles son who's the OC at Houston. It's interesting, because they have a system (the Veer and Shoot) that's oddly similar to what I'm proposing CPJ should do....which is emphasize the RnS more and complement it with the option. Basically, use the pass to set up the run:

https://www.thedailystampede.com/20...ect-usf-football-baylor-sterlin-gilbert-rgiii

If anyone remembers, Baylor lost like all their QBs one season, and converted one of their skill guys into a run dominant QB. Instead of passing for like 400+ yards, they quickly went to RUNNING it for a ton of yards. THAT is the kind of flexible system that GT needs to have.

Oh, and kids would line up to play in that type of system.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Peterson has enormous influence to hire a coach if he chooses to do so. It’s not as if we take the first five guys who show up at the Greyhound Station. “Todd, make sure we hire someone who will take GT to the top of the conference. How can I help you raise money?”
Hey Todd hire a straight arrow.
Now help rearrange the deck chairs.
I have to get ready to retire.

What I would give if you were right! That's dreaming.

Our best case is prez gets canned for mismanaging research dept.

( remember t stan was announced as new a d in at half time(?) of Clemson .
We had 20 something yes on ground and they had 20 something points.
After being slaughtered by Clemson again w little rushing offense, I think tstan may start helping coach with ideas about passing. )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.