Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
I GT wanted a change and hired a high profile coach that ran any one of those offense concepts without the athletes the would be 500 for the next 5 years

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Dude, you've missed the point of my post. You also miss the point that I've repeated often and over several threads: CPJ's offense works, but the off field baggage and perception that comes with it is no longer worth the on the field production (when it's actually working).

That point is a fair one to argue. What I was responding to was your statement: "This is the frustrating thing with CPJ. He has passing schemes that can help us with not only production on the field, but perception in recruiting and to the media, but he's barely using them. RnS concepts are so prevalent in college and the pros, but it seems we're shelving them to prove a point about "his system".

I read that as you saying our production would be better if we passed more, but CPJ was too stubborn to pass more because he is too intent on proving his system. If you only meant passing more would help with perception and off the field baggage and not actual performance, than I apologize. I do think passing more could help with recruiting and perception. I am just not convinced it would help us win more games.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
That point is a fair one to argue. What I was responding to was your statement: "This is the frustrating thing with CPJ. He has passing schemes that can help us with not only production on the field, but perception in recruiting and to the media, but he's barely using them. RnS concepts are so prevalent in college and the pros, but it seems we're shelving them to prove a point about "his system".

I read that as you saying our production would be better if we passed more, but CPJ was too stubborn to pass more because he is too intent on proving his system. If you only meant passing more would help with perception and off the field baggage and not actual performance, than I apologize. I do think passing more could help with recruiting and perception. I am just not convinced it would help us win more games.
GT needs a new head coach who has an offensive system that passes a lot more:cigar: The fact that it would be a hell of a lot more interesting than the option offense makes a coaching change worth it on that alone:cool:

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I GT wanted a change and hired a high profile coach that ran any one of those offense concepts without the athletes the would be 500 for the next 5 years
I wanted a wife you didn't fuss and gripe so much , I didn't get what I wanted . Time will tell if you do but my money on you won't, sorry .

stech81

Helluva Engineer
GT needs a new head coach who has an offensive system that passes a lot more:cigar: The fact that it would be a hell of a lot more interesting than the option offense makes a coaching change worth it on that alone:cool:
I'm being a smart a** here, if you mean watching our QB get sacked I guess you could say it's interesting ,but first we need an OL that can pass block.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
If the best coach we can get is an option coach then we should go for that. If the best coach we can get runs a pro-style offense we should go for that. We can't be choosing beggars. We shouldn't pass up Monken, if he's available, for a second tier guy just because he runs a different offense.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I'm being a smart a** here, if you mean watching our QB get sacked I guess you could say it's interesting ,but first we need an OL that can pass block.
The first three years or so will be rough but moving away from the option offense will be rough and i can accept that. What i can't accept is GT running an option offense forever that everyone but the Alcorns and Bowling Greens have pretty much figured out.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
If the best coach we can get is an option coach then we should go for that. If the best coach we can get runs a pro-style offense we should go for that. We can't be choosing beggars. We shouldn't pass up Monken, if he's available, for a second tier guy just because he runs a different offense.

Honestly, who are we gonna get? Someone from Johnson’s tree. I’m not sure Tech is attractive given the finacial and academic issues. I think THAT is CPJs focus is helping land a future hc.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A few games back, CPJ commented on TM’s inability to a complete a basic short pass by saying that you have to be able to complete that pass at the D1 level. That is just one - but not the only - example of why we are so limited and predictable. Tech’s problem is not CPJ’s unwillingness to open up his playbook, it is players’ inability to make those plays.

Those are the players that CPJ recruited, coached and decided who will start. They may be "unable" but it is on CPJ.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Those are the players that CPJ recruited, coached and decided who will start. They may be "unable" but it is on CPJ.

He also recruted Ratliff, Jay Jones and Lucas Johnson. Certainly Ratliff and Johnson would be better passers, yet neither is available this year, and not by Johnson’s decision or choice. Ma Tech may have played a part in Jones being somewhere else as well.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know how much pull The Hill has in hiring a head coach. GT only fronts a portion of the money and the rest comes from the AT fund and radio shows, appearances, apparrel, etc.

https://hkm.com/football/contracts/paul-johnson/

That has CPJs 2015(?) contract for example and it lays out where all the money is coming from at the top of the page if you don't feel like reading a bunch of legal stuff.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I don't know how much pull The Hill has in hiring a head coach. GT only fronts a portion of the money and the rest comes from the AT fund and radio shows, appearances, apparrel, etc.

https://hkm.com/football/contracts/paul-johnson/

That has CPJs 2015(?) contract for example and it lays out where all the money is coming from at the top of the page if you don't feel like reading a bunch of legal stuff.

Peterson has enormous influence to hire a coach if he chooses to do so. It’s not as if we take the first five guys who show up at the Greyhound Station. “Todd, make sure we hire someone who will take GT to the top of the conference. How can I help you raise money?”

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Check out @AcunaDingers’s Tweet: Opinions?? Personally I don't like the Sattersfield we looking at him but it is what it is Leach surprised me what do y'all think??

Status
Not open for further replies.