Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
And here we go with the get rid of CPJ. He is the reason we turned the season around. He needs to get a better Qb and some D-line, the latter will be harder because of academics. Bottom line.

If I provide you with evidence that we have recruited the DL on par with other position groups would you acknowledge or just stick to th group think? I have no idea how these cliche’s become so widely accepted as gospel.

Sparkybob

Georgia Tech Fan
I just feel winning football games is a lot harder now than in the past. 7 wins is like the new 8 wins.

Teams like Wisconsin are coming into this week with 7 wins. Big named school like TCU/OK State/USC/Florida State/Va Tech have not reached that number yet. The elites are getting richer while the middle class keeps getting beefier. I don't personally see how in this current landscape having a winning season is a bad year for Tech.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Teams like Wisconsin are coming into this week with 7 wins. Big named school like TCU/OK State/USC/Florida State/Va Tech have not reached that number yet. The elites are getting richer while the middle class keeps getting beefier. I don't personally see how in this current landscape having a winning season is a bad year for Tech.

There is your white flag. Who’s next?

You're absolutely proving my point. You're saying not to accept mediocrity and offering no solution that will allow us to rise above mediocrity. It's pointless to whine. Who do we hire to get better? You can take your time.

I don't need to know who Loserville needs to hire to be able to point out that they sucked this year.

I love that methodology for those who try to make excuses: "If you don't have an answer then there's not even a question to ask!"

Pay me the $$$ we're paying our AD and I'll get back to ya.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
The tough thing there is that when you look at the Top 50 players in our state they are all going to UGA, Tenn, Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Ohio State, etc. I really don't have an answer for how you compete against that. It would take a ton of money and resources to attempt to cast a net nationally over the few great players who value a degree from a school like Tech.

The 4 coaches before Johnson were able to recruit better than Johnson. I’m just stunned as to why we throw up our hands and say we can’t do it anymore because one coach with an unappealing offense and personality isn’t able to recruit. I know we can’t recruit like uga but I certainly think we can do better than this.

Sparkybob

Georgia Tech Fan
There is your white flag. Who’s next?

No I am more realistic with what I expect from GT given what they put into the program. Texas A&M gives Jimbo 7.5M dollars a year to be their head coach. That is what the landscape is at with some program. So if Tech keeps investing like a 7 win program then that is the output they will get. David Cutcliffe is not getting fired from Duke because the last 3 years he's got 4,7 and 7 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.