Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if our projected salary would be higher if we didn't give Johnson that last extension?
Not likely. We pay CPJ just a hair under $3 MM currently and he doubles as our OC. You could argue that he really makes about $2.6 MM. Projections may go up with Hewitt/Gregory off the books and ACC Network kicking in in 2019, but the going rate is about $3.5+ MM for new ACC coaches (plus more needed for a coordinator). That's out of our current spending range regardless of CPJ's buyout.

1543062874443.png

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
You're absolutely proving my point. You're saying not to accept mediocrity and offering no solution that will allow us to rise above mediocrity. It's pointless to whine. Who do we hire to get better? You can take your time.
Hopefully Paul announces his retirement in the next week or two and saves TStan from having to fire him in the next two seasons

THWG

Helluva Engineer
You're absolutely proving my point. You're saying not to accept mediocrity and offering no solution that will allow us to rise above mediocrity. It's pointless to whine. Who do we hire to get better? You can take your time.
Scott Satterfield would be my guy or Neal Brown, but it all depends on if CPJ retires.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Still think if cpj retires we get a young coach that runs an updated option one that utilizes the shotgun or pistol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

We're not the AD. It's not our job to find a guy who will work. But it's pretty easy to see that Johnson isn't moving this program forward. Pretty much any change will at least give us hope which we don't have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.