Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Nothing I love more than people calling for a head coach to be fired without providing at least a reasonable name for a replacement. It's honestly pointless and generates 0 discussion. Our projected salary offer would be $3 MM max which is too low for anyone proven (any P5 coach or successful G5 coach), we're not a desirable stepping stone job given the difficulty of building the program (Kiffin), and we'd have to be a really pathetic P5 program to hire a guy up from an FCS program (has that EVER happened?). When our best choice is an unproven position coach (Brent Key), we are in a pretty poor position. Anyone want to step up with a real suggestion that has a high likelihood of making us a contender?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Nothing I love more than people calling for a head coach to be fired without providing at least a reasonable name for a replacement. It's honestly pointless and generates 0 discussion. Our projected salary offer would be $3 MM max which is too low for anyone proven (any P5 coach or successful G5 coach), we're not a desirable stepping stone job given the difficulty of building the program (Kiffin), and we'd have to be a really pathetic P5 program to hire a guy up from an FCS program (has that EVER happened?). When our best choice is an unproven position coach (Brent Key), we are in a pretty poor position. Anyone want to step up with a real suggestion that has a high likelihood of making us a contender?
Hopefully Paul retires and firing wont be necessary

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

Wonder if our projected salary would be higher if we didn't give Johnson that last extension?

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Could we get a young coach that uses an updated option so we don't have too many issues with players transitioning over...Georgia Southern did that for a while and it worked out well. I think they ran out of the pistol for a while
That may be our best option?

you're right - we need to enjoy 7 wins and annual losses to the mutts and just shut up and take it!

Status
Not open for further replies.