Pastner cleared of Ron Bell lies

slugboy

Staff member
Will El Chapo's criminal career really be over? We all know dude is gonna tunnel his way out.
I've seen a couple of good articles about his capture and his escape. One seriously suggested that the tunnel was just a cover so the guards didn't have to explain that he walked out the front gate and got into a limo.
The DEA agent who spearheaded his capture was in the witness protection program for years, and as far as I know he still is. Usually, the arresting officer isn't put into witness protection.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
They are supposedly going to put him in the supermax in Colorado. Just a bit more difficult to tunnel in and out or set up a limo service pickup.

slugboy

Staff member
If this is correct, GTAA really has no alternative. Amazing.
I think this fits
giphy.gif

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
:eek: Does not look good...

That was the whole point of the article but it's a clickbait article and little more. This is not reporting of anything new. It's one take by a reporter on things the NCAA has known for over a year. The same NCAA that has chosen not to accuse Pastner of anything, and the "evidence" that undermines his story is just speculation on the author's part. The big claim in this article is that Pastner characterized his relationship with Bell, and the support is photos. The explanation for this, that Pastner was told Bell had cancer, has been known for a long time.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
If this is correct, GTAA really has no alternative. Amazing.

What part of it?

I am not saying that Pastner is an innocent bystander. However, this article has a lot of supposition and not much substance. The accusations are along the lines of: Pastner said that he wouldn't let Bell into the locker room, but there are pictures of Bell in the locker room: Bell being in the locker room doesn't mean that Pastner set that up or knew about it. Another is: Pastner said he only sent one package to Bell with GT shirts, but there is a video of Bell opening a signed basketball from Memphis: A ball from Memphis would have been a few years ago. Someone else could have sent it. I could be a forgery that Bell put together to make himself look important.

The only thing in the article that actually is an accusation that sticks is that Pastner didn't report Bell's contact with Crawford. Pastner has messages with Bell in which he specifically told Bell not to discuss recruitment until Crawford finished the season and discussed transferring with his current(at the time) coach. However, since Pastner knew that Bell had talked to him it should have been reported.

There is plenty of smoke, but this article reads more like a hit piece and tries to turn the smoke into actual flames.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
of-course.gif

I'm not commenting until I speak with my attorney. Mr. @dtm1997 , esquire.

He and my future business partner in the coaching search firm PeaKg & Associates, @Peacone36 need to weigh in before I delve into these waters.

On the one hand, Judd seems to be on a witch hunt with Pastner.

On the other, not losing any sleep if Pastner gets fired for cause.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That was the whole point of the article but it's a clickbait article and little more. This is not reporting of anything new. It's one take by a reporter on things the NCAA has known for over a year. The same NCAA that has chosen not to accuse Pastner of anything, and the "evidence" that undermines his story is just speculation on the author's part. The big claim in this article is that Pastner characterized his relationship with Bell, and the support is photos. The explanation for this, that Pastner was told Bell had cancer, has been known for a long time.

Despite my alleged lean toward wanting us to have a new coach, I must say I agree with your assessment. I saw the title but expected much more than the flimsy accusations I found in the article.

Special thanks to my legal team, which includes the venerable @RonJohn .