1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Pastner cleared of Ron Bell lies

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by ESPNjacket, Jun 4, 2018.

1. ESPNjacket

ESPNjacket Helluva Engineer

2. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

That means that Tech has exonerated him, which is obviously good. But the whole matter needs to be thrown out of court now.

bwelbo and kg01 like this.
  3. MikeJackets1967

MikeJackets1967 Helluva Engineer

This is great news:cool: Hopefully that psycho scumbag Ron Bell can share a cell with Jared from Subway;)

bwelbo and kg01 like this.
  4. ESPNjacket

That is a much higher bar for conviction than Title IX.

bwelbo and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  5. kg01

kg01 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Nah, I'd prefer he share a cell with Brutus who's got a life sentence, an affinity for Ron's 'purdy mouth' and nothing to lose.

I feel like I went too far with that .... or not far enough? You be the judge.

6. MikeJackets1967

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

7. THWG

THWG Helluva Engineer

Not far enough.

MikeJackets1967 likes this.
  8. MidtownJacket

MidtownJacket Helluva Engineer

This was a good next step in closing this strange and terrible experience for Coach, his family and the Institute. I am hopeful that we quickly see the courts take action and put an end to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plangineer, THWG, ESPNjacket and 2 others like this.
  9. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Yes, lets not forget the damage this has done to his family. Restraining orders, personal security, I mean who knows what all terror they've been through. And with all the recent revelations about sexual assault, even the most loyal and dedicated wife could be expected to at least have some level of doubt. I hope they can all find some real peace now.

10. RonJohn

RonJohn Helluva Engineer

Would it be? I'm sure it would for a criminal case, but I thought it was a lawsuit. IANAL, but I thought in a civil case it can come down to solely who the jury believes. No doubt about who I would believe, but the jury could see a powerful and wealthy man who mistreated a woman and then had the gall to file a lawsuit against her. They could potentially see all of the bad publicity about R*n B**l as spin that the wealthy man's expensive lawyers put out to further harm the mistreated woman.

Hopefully an actual lawyer can speak to it.

11. MikeJackets1967

Put him in the MS-13 or Mexican Mafia part of the prison;)

THWG likes this.
  12. ESPNjacket

Pastner can actually defend himself in court and is entitled to counsel. In a Title IX situation I'm not sure he has any rights. GT may have treated him fairly but they didn't have to.

13. RonJohn

RonJohn Helluva Engineer

Hopefully a lawyer will chime in. It is just my impression that in a civil case facts matter, but spin matters almost as much.

14. RamblinRed

RamblinRed Helluva Engineer Featured Member

I've actually sat on juries for both a civil case and a criminal case. While the bar is higher for criminal, it is not as easy as you think to win a civil case (in our civil case the plaintant got $0).
    Civil case is preponderance of the evidence. Basically, the every member of the jury has to be convinced that is more likely than not that the defendant in the case is responsible for what the plaintant alleges.

Criminal cases are beyond reason of a doubt - which actually has a literal number - 95% chance of being true.

15. DH9387

DH9387 Helluva Engineer

A little more detail about the report:
    https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-n...exual-assault-charges/3APpn0FGB0ZbHhaoV8eEdO/

16. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

Not surprised with the findings. Wish *** **** would just go away...

17. MikeJackets1967

Ron Bell is a Sociopathic nutcase and needs to do some time in a mental hospital as well:mad:

awbuzz likes this.
  18. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

Anyone ever watch the movie Single White Female?

I feel like they need to make a male version of it called Crazy White Guy. Ol' RB would be good charactor to model the crazy dude after...

19. MikeJackets1967

Bullseye(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

bwelbo likes this.
  20. MikeJackets1967

Ron Bell:eek:

bwelbo likes this.