Parker Braun transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The parents of the young players scratch there heads and say - yea, that's bad. i hope it works out for my son and if it doesn't at least my son will get a degree from gt.
When 70 was on front page of on program and then on stadium marquee why did he not at least he a token start play , the players see this and go???

Gt football will be way better if we can make organizational modification to keep good players here and playing or supportive. Happy r sr s should be our measurable and track able goal.

Will Bryan's senior year will always be a head scratcher for me. The guy was one of the most important pieces of our OL his FR-JR seasons plugging holes up and down the line, and was more than a solid starter when called upon. To barely get snaps his senior year blew my mind. I thought for sure they were saving him for a redshirt or something.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
GT already has easier majors; the degree of ease just depends on what you're comparing to. Valuewise, I'd say offering easier majors primarily for athletes is detrimental to GT's current and prospective students. From a ground zero perspective spanning a decade, there is increasingly inadequate resources and fewer opportunities available for effective higher education than the years before. Sure, GT's reputation will probably still get fresh grads' resume in the door, but the value at the interviews and/or preliminary years is/will take a hit.
I have been a proponent for a while for adding Sports Management to our Management degree offerings. This program should be at the same standards as the rest of the programs at Tech and should not be an easy program to "hide athletes" in. However, this will be a draw for student athletes to have a quality academic program to be interested in.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
He probably decided he was leaving long ago. Same guy that sprinted straight off the field after the final offensive snap in the bowl. A sign of things to come i think
Something happened during the runup to that bowl and during the game. PJ thought he had the team with him, most of the starters had other thoughts. PB said to himself, I don't need this s_ _ _ !

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Parker could have thought of it this way: I'm getting a new coach whether I want one one or not so I might as well have a say in who my coach will be. People leave companies all the time when they're getting a new boss or when the company is sold to another firm for no other reason than they want a say in who their boss will be or who their employer will be. And Parker is so good that he can just about name the coach he wants and go play for him.

Milwaukee

Banned
I think it's 14 pages too long tbh. If he doesn't wanna be here then oh well. Thanks for your time and effort, best of luck in your future endeavors.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
We can all keep speculating why he left, but we will never know exactly why. Bottom line is he didn't want to be here anymore. Best of luck to him. He got a great degree and played for a reputable program all while being on scholarship. Now is time to move on and next man up. Fortunately, he decided to transfer now, so we can get some guys some good reps in the Spring and plan our roster accordingly.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Don't be surprised if he transfers to a school that gives him a major percentages chance of making it to the CFP. If anyone deserves a chance to play in the Final 4, it would be Parker.
I vaguely remember an interview KQ posted to his YouTube page, and Ill go find it where Parker said, "Oh their crowd was amazing and energetic, it would be nice ya know if we could have our fans show up to Bobby Dodd ya know."

And that comment stuck in my craw for the brutally honest remark that it was...

Animal02

Banned
Don't be surprised if he transfers to a school that gives him a major percentages chance of making it to the CFP. If anyone deserves a chance to play in the Final 4, it would be Parker.
I vaguely remember an interview KQ posted to his YouTube page, and Ill go find it where Parker said, "Oh their crowd was amazing and energetic, it would be nice ya know if we could have our fans show up to Bobby Dodd ya know."

And that comment stuck in my craw for the brutally honest remark that it was...
I have said before...it has got to be depressing to come out of the locker room on the saturSat after Thanksgiving and see you home stadium half red.

heyhellowhatsup

Jolly Good Fellow
I really think the attendance issues (in terms of #’s are overblown). Washington State has a great home field advantage but it’s because their stadium is “right-sized.” UW has more fans in-state but they don’t dominate the crowd at the Apple Cup.

GT needs to downsize BDS IMO. Maybe not from a size perspective but put in chairbacks to reduce capacity. Less fans needed to make it look good + nicer fan experience = win-win.

Animal02

Banned
I really think the attendance issues (in terms of #’s are overblown). Washington State has a great home field advantage but it’s because their stadium is “right-sized.” UW has more fans in-state but they don’t dominate the crowd at the Apple Cup.

GT needs to downsize BDS IMO. Maybe not from a size perspective but put in chairbacks to reduce capacity. Less fans needed to make it look good + nicer fan experience = win-win.
That would be admitting defeat.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Our attendance, and one could argue our national brand issues, goes all the way back to a selfish decision a former Coach/AD made years ago that almost decimated our program.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/fifty-years-ago-georgia-tech-left-the-sec/07w1mrefY4QgzlmzzSXr9O/

One consequence of Tech’s SEC exit that Curry will concede involves Atlanta itself. He grew up in College Park rooting for the Bulldogs, his father having been a Georgia graduate. In Curry’s mind, the city was split almost 50-50 between Jackets and Bulldogs in the early ’60s, but this remained an SEC town even without an SEC team. By leaving the conference, Tech ceded Atlanta to Georgia.

Wrote Ginn: “Arguably, the level of national prestige that Tech football enjoyed as a member in the SEC has never returned. … In 1963, the enrollment at Georgia Tech was about 6,300 students, and there were roughly 50,000 living alumni. In 2011, the enrollment at Georgia Tech (was) more than 20,000, and there (were) more than 120,000 living alumni. Atlanta’s metro population more than tripled. Yet Georgia Tech’s average football attendance for 2010 was less than in 1963.”

Many schools today would move heaven and earth for the chance to join the SEC — indeed, Texas A&M burned every Big 12 bridge to put itself in that position — but Tech, a charter member, left after a disagreement over a single rule that, viewed through the prism of history, wouldn’t have seemed a deal-breaker.

“It’s hard to know what would have happened if Tech had never left,” Ginn said, but he took a guess: If they were still in the SEC, they’d be having sold-out games constantly. … I appreciate and understand the past. I realize decisions were made and you can’t go back. But if (Tech people) had known the outcome, they probably wouldn’t have gone down that road.”

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I have said before...it has got to be depressing to come out of the locker room on the saturSat after Thanksgiving and see you home stadium half red.
Heard parker is going south.
Edit
Tried to get direction
Could not get any - just south .

I am bummed out by this

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Heard parker is going south.

Only schools south that fit the "stadium full of fans" model is...Florida and UCF. UCF if he wants warmer weather.

If he goes to Miami, their stadium is worse than BDS in terms of attendance, but he'd get to hang out at the beach all day.

Of course, there's also USF and Florida Atlantic.

heyhellowhatsup

Jolly Good Fellow
Only schools south that fit the "stadium full of fans" model is...Florida and UCF. UCF if he wants warmer weather.

If he goes to Miami, their stadium is worse than BDS in terms of attendance, but he'd get to hang out at the beach all day.

Of course, there's also USF and Florida Atlantic.

Could also go to Texas. They’re looking for a grad transfer OL.

Status
Not open for further replies.