Parker Braun transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I think the academic issue he’s describing might be related to finding the graduate program he’s looking for. I’m not sure how many different programs we have for an LCC major, and our business school is ridiculously tough for fresh graduates to get into. He may just want to do something we don’t offer while playing out his last year.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I think the academic issue he’s describing might be related to finding the graduate program he’s looking for. I’m not sure how many different programs we have for an LCC major, and our business school is ridiculously tough for fresh graduates to get into. He may just want to do something we don’t offer while playing out his last year.

That would make sense.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Makes sense. Gators need a center. They are recruiting his younger brother. They have what he is looking for educational wise. Great family. Hope it all works out for them :)

I hope the gators returning OGs can make the move to C and handle snapping duties....they ain’t gonna beat out Parker for their old jobs :D

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
What if he goes to Miami and plays immediately, yet Ezzard comes to GT and has to sit out a year because Diaz doesn't want him to play for a division rival ?
That would be a definite douche move ...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What if he goes to Miami and plays immediately, yet Ezzard comes to GT and has to sit out a year because Diaz doesn't want him to play for a division rival ?
That would be a definite douche move ...

Difference is Braun is a grad student. Grad students have no restrictions, but undgrad transfers do. It sucks, and I personally think it's BS, but that's the way the rules are right now.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Difference is Braun is a grad student. Grad students have no restrictions, but undgrad transfers do. It sucks, and I personally think it's BS, but that's the way the rules are right now.
I am aware PB can play immediately, im just relaying, as a GT fan, that this scenario can be plausible. .lol

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Maybe some of that “recruiting magic” should have been spent at home? Maybe Parker was intending on leaving regardless, I realize that is a very real possibility as well. But nobody is framing the loss of Parker as a recruiting miss when that’s exactly what it is or amounts to.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I have to disagree with you there. I agree that keeping Parker for his final year of eligibility should have been a top priority. It isn't as sexy as going out and getting some of these incoming guys, but when you lose potentially the best player on the team and the most sure-fire bet for being drafted next year, that's a loss on the recruiting front. Is it the end of the world? No, but it definitely would be better if on Draft Day they showed Parker Braun announced from Georgia Tech not University of Florida. Watch what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.