Parker Braun transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milwaukee

Banned
connotation begins tripple option. Staff saying they plan to kee elements of the offense due to personnel. Difference between first and second rounds compared to third and fourth rounds in the draft can be up to double the salary. Worth it to get one year experience in a different style of offense that gives him more reps and video footage for pass blocking

But the best guard in the NFL came from the triple option. Something seems weird to me with the reasons being mentioned.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Stigmas remain despite the success of Shaq. Just peruse all of the articles of everything he had to learn for pro ball after coming from the triple offense.

Biggest reason that matters though? Because he wants to.
to add on to it Shaq was still only a 4th round pick with 12 people at the same position taken before him despite being an All American in 2014

GT_EE78

Banned
sad to see him go, not a lot at 280 in in the nfl so i doubt that nfl is his motive , maybe Canada or Arena if its what he wants, but anyone who gets enough out of their athletic skills to come out with both a bachelors and masters will get my respect, so best wishes in whatever career he chooses to pursue.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
But the best guard in the NFL came from the triple option. Something seems weird to me with the reasons being mentioned.

I remember Belichick saying after Shaq started camp with the Pats that he was the best run blocker he'd ever seen. Said he needed some brushing up on his pass blocking, though.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
sad to see him go, not a lot at 280 in in the nfl so i doubt that nfl is his motive , maybe Canada or Arena if its what he wants, but anyone who gets enough out of their athletic skills to come out with both a bachelors and masters will get my respect, so best wishes in whatever career he chooses to pursue.

He will play in the NFL barring injury. I’ll put money where my mouth is.

The InstAtute

Georgia Tech Fan
In order for offensive lines to be successful they must work together as a unit. In order for this to happen, you need plenty of practice reps and in game experience. Tech is in process of completely changing our blocking technique. The chances of the OL struggling in year one is pretty high in my opinion. If the OL struggles significantly, it could unfairly hurt Braun’s draft status by dropping him to higher rounds which is $$$$$. Braun may of been impacted the most from a risk/reward standpoint with our change. By transferring to a school with a veteran OL, Braun is limiting his draft status risk.

Long term, I am confident will be fine as the coaching staff looks fantastic. There’s a reason CGC got a 7 year deal and there is also a reason CGC is stressing defense and special teams. It will take time to implement the new offfense. I’m excited about our future.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
My projections for next year now reflect a range of 3 to 8 wins. Next man up has big shoes to fill. We go from having maybe the best O line next year to maybe only average.

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Is Parker Braun the best player we have ever lost to transfer? From my memory yes.

Is he the best we have lost before his eligibility was up, for any reason? That would go to Clint Castleberry. Parker Braun ranks high though.

He's a big loss no doubt, but doesn't quite rise to the level of Castleberry or Calvin Johnson. Other recent players in the conversation: Tony Hollings, Dedrick Mills, Derrick Morgan, Dwyer, BeBe, Morgan Burnett, Wally Yappo

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Stigmas remain despite the success of Shaq. Just peruse all of the articles of everything he had to learn for pro ball after coming from the triple offense.

Biggest reason that matters though? Because he wants to.
And no one seems to want to acknowledge that he learned all that quickly enough to become a starter by the end of his rookie season. I dunno, but to me that says that he was very well-prepared by his time in the 3O offense.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
And no one seems to want to acknowledge that he learned all that quickly enough to become a starter by the end of his rookie season. I dunno, but to me that says that he was very well-prepared by his time in the 3O offense.
I think it mor likely means that Shaq has quick feet, is very intelligent and had good coaching with the Pats. Our OL doesn’t learn how to pass block as demonstrated by our typical results.

bikeseat

GT Athlete
I think it mor likely means that Shaq has quick feet, is very intelligent and had good coaching with the Pats. Our OL doesn’t learn how to pass block as demonstrated by our typical results.

Shaq was the most outlier of possible outliers.

I remember my first day of camp and I was blown away watching him move through drills. Shaq could’ve played at Fort Valley state and made it to the NFL.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes but he was drafted in the last few picks in the fourth round and took 3-4 years of practicing in the system to get there. The difference in salary between top 2 rounds and borderline 4/5 rounds is 5 million a year. What is there to lose by going somewhere to get a year of experience under the belt? Quite literally 5 million dollars. As a “business decision”, there is some benefit to it, even with coaches giving help similar to Justin Thomas in adapting.

Shaq Mason was a first team all American abd was the 10th or so interior linemean drafted due to questions about pass blocking. I’m not saying it’s justified, it’s just the way it is. Giving more footage and practice can be quite literally a million dollar difference.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Shaq was the most outlier of possible outliers.

I remember my first day of camp and I was blown away watching him move through drills. Shaq could’ve played at Fort Valley state and made it to the NFL.
I remember playing basketball with him multiple times and being blown away by how quick his feet were and how agile he was in the post with the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.