Parker Braun transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
What a thrill it will be for hi
Maybe some of that “recruiting magic” should have been spent at home? Maybe Parker was intending on leaving regardless, I realize that is a very real possibility as well. But nobody is framing the loss of Parker as a recruiting miss when that’s exactly what it is or amounts to.
I agree it is what it is.

His dad coaches hs in live oak Florida which is about an hour from Gainesville.
After busting it at gt and being all acc he graduated in 3 years. He could be wanting to get away from the tremendous conflict and cloud the new coach finds himself. This was he could play for good program and see family on weekends.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Difference is Braun is a grad student. Grad students have no restrictions, but undgrad transfers do. It sucks, and I personally think it's BS, but that's the way the rules are right now.

Change the rules and watch chaos ensue and the facilities benefit way more than anyone else.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Maybe some of that “recruiting magic” should have been spent at home? Maybe Parker was intending on leaving regardless, I realize that is a very real possibility as well. But nobody is framing the loss of Parker as a recruiting miss when that’s exactly what it is or amounts to.

Agree and disagree.

Doesn't help to lose our best player, and make no mistake, Parker was our best player.

The other side of it and what I've been thinking about is the staff is trying to build a new culture with one voice. That's why CGC did not retain any of the coaches or the S&C coach. Braun probably commands the most respect out of any of the players on the team because of what he's accomplished. IF he didn't buy into what the staff brought in, and had doubts, it was probably best for both GT and Braun to separate. Last thing we need is Parker not buying in and other players seeing it. Not saying Parker would do anything negative to affect culture, but Parker is an upper classman, and the best player on the team. Our coaches need EVERYONE to buy in or move on. Period.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The other side of it and what I've been thinking about is the staff is trying to build a new culture with one voice. That's why CGC did not retain any of the coaches or the S&C coach. Braun probably commands the most respect out of any of the players on the team because of what he's accomplished. IF he didn't buy into what the staff brought in, and had doubts, it was probably best for both GT and Braun to separate. Last thing we need is Parker not buying in and other players seeing it.
This may be true, but don't you think that this ship has already sailed? If Parker left because he couldn't abide Coach - which I doubt, btw - I'm pretty sure that everybody on the team knows that.

Status
Not open for further replies.